• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Silhouette II

Started by Shadow, February 28, 2018, 09:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Here's another silhouette. See anything I missed or that needs tweaking? Thanks!

Orig

Corrected

Mhayes

Shadow, I almost like the before better. But if your restore is consistent with color correcting I'm straddling the fence here. The glow in her veil makes me think this is a sunset picture?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Funny. I felt the same way. It was color corrected with Curves and then added some Vibrance. Here's one where I added back the orange from the orig with a Color Layer. Maybe let my distributor or QC pick final?

Sunset color added back to bkgd

Hannie

Which one was the before Shadow, the top or bottom one? It is hard to tel as there seems to be no other damage than the colors?
Is the dress white?

These portraits are so hard to figure out when you don't know what the original shading was like.  If the top one is the original I get an almost blue sky but it may be very well possible that the photographer wanted the end result more sunset red.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mshake

I've worked on a few of these and the dress is white. I like the last version you did with adding the orange color glow back in.  :up:
Mike

Shadow

Morning. Thanks Hannie and Mshake.  Yep. The dress is white. Looked at sunset silhouette pics online and in many of them the dress has this coloring with the sun in this position. Here it is where the dress is whiter.

Whiter dress

Mshake

Looks perfect to me. :up:
Mike

Lynnya

Beautiful lyn  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Appreciate your feedback gang! Sending them home.

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Margie. And thanks for speaking to the owner. Good to have the extra info on the dress.  :)