• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Please take a look

Started by Marydh, February 23, 2018, 04:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Please let me know if I should fix anything.  I had a hard time with the hands.  Also, the little girl's
lips and dress.  Overall color? 
Thanks,
Mary

Mshake

Hi Mary.  Overall color to me looks pretty good. I might tone down the brightness of the girl's dress some. Couple other things I noticed. His hand looks out of proportion. I would find a photo of a man's hand in a similar position from another photo and just transplant it. I would put back the small red triangle in the lower part that's in the original and also show some of the red dress between the mom's arm and the girl's hair. I'm not sure what you could do about the girl's arm. Maybe a little more shading?  It's in a weird position. Just my humble opinion.

Mike
Mike

Hannie

I like your repairs Mary!
Hands are so hard to paint, look at the great old painters and their most amazing work:  the hands usually look bad!

Try to widen the man's wrist some where it it leaves the jacket sleeve and the lady's thumb just a little bit smaller and the middle of her hand a little "fleshier" towards the thumb?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Wonderful repairs Mary. Hands are SOOO hard to me. Feel your pain. Hannie's tips will be the ticket. Good luck!

Candice

I love watching y'alls repairs.  :)
Candice

Marydh

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.  I tried doing everything except the small red triangle at the bottom which was actually damage.  I hope this passes. I don't think I have the expertise to do anything else.     ::)
Mary

Mshake

I think you did a good job.  :up:
Mike

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Marydh

Hi Margie!
Thank you all for your help.
I have a feeling that the one I'm working on now will appear on the forum.  😱
Goodness, what was I thinking?
Mary

Lynnya

I feel your Pain Mary.... said that many times.. I run nearly all my restores through the forum now.. I ALWAYS miss something or get lost in the shuffle lol :crazy: look forward to seeing your WIP
never giving up......learning from others as I go...