• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Pretty Lady

Started by Bambi, June 29, 2018, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambi

Shadow

Pretty indeed! Wonderful Bambi.

Mhayes

She is beautiful Bambi!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Bambi

Wow. Thanks. I took several wrong turns on this one and gave up twice. Took me a month to finish....

Candice

She's such a pretty woman, Bambi.  I wanted to play with my coloring skills or lack thereof.

Candice

Shadow

Wow Candy. How did you do that?!

Candice

Most of it was hand painted, Shadow, but only in spots.  Most redheads like green so I use a green color brush set at about 35% maybe less to work on the background and a little blue, too.  Leopard spots can be a mixture of blacks/brown so I didn't mess with that.  What I did is hand colored the white.  Not a pure white but just a touch of yellow mixed in.  Took the red out of the teeth and eyes.  Then I doodled with her coloration.  I'm always experimenting there.  People are a mix of yellow, green, blue and red.   Those of you that really do color well, have no idea what a challenge it is for me.  That's why I do a lot of black and white, besides I love the old pictures.  I then duplicated the picture. Set the opacity around 50%. Finally,  I used a blue photo filter with that was set around 15%.  Once I liked what I saw I merged it all.  Working with color has always been a challenge but Bambi did such a wonderful job with her restoration, that I couldn't resist trying my hand at coloration. 
Candice