• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mellow Yellow

Started by Shadow, January 27, 2018, 11:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

I like it too Lyn.
The green part on the left side look a little too "regular", it shows the cloning path.  What if use a little from the right side and transform that patch it a little?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Who knew trees could be so tricky  :D  Thanks Lynn and Hannie for the good eyes and suggestions. Have hopefully improved the left side. Added the Curves auto at the end too. More tweaks? Send it home?  ::)

Lynnya

Looks great on my tiny phone screen  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Lynn. Let me know if you change your mind when you see it on that gorgeous big screen of yours.  ^-^

Lynnya

Looking good Lyn... tiny thing that I'm not sure can be fixed easily.. the skin tones look very grey on my screen..and the greens may be a tad too green but that could be my new ultra saturated monitor.. let me know what you think..

Other than that it's wonderful  :up: :up:

I just thought I'd check the numbers on the skin tones (Kiska sits on my shoulder) and the cyan is way too high making them grey... should be about a third of the magenta and yellow.. which can be about the same or yellow a tad higher.. maybe you can adjust the skin tones and then hide all and mask just the skin back in??

You could copy Hannie's version into your photoshop and take the skin colors - new layer, blend mode color - and paint the skin with that skin color then reduce the opacity til you like it? I tried that and it looked pretty good.. also reduced the saturation on the greens a tad maybe?

Look forward to seeing the final on this tricky one Lyn..it's one of "those".... :up:

Shadow

:D  Helps if I don't turn off the layers that adjusted the skin tones! Thanks for catching that Lynn! Did more desat on the background green also. Decided to also send my distributor a black and white version just in case. Really appreciate all the help on this girls!! I would have thrown in the towel without you.  :P
Now then, one of these is next ...

Marydh

Lynnya,
Could you expound a bit upon your "check the #'s on the skin tones" in your post above?
I also remember seeing something about checking the blacks and whites as well?
Thanks,
Mary

Shadow

Hi Mary,
Lynn might be off with her new camera. Below is a video of using the CMYK numbers to correct skin tones that might help.
On the black and white points, Taz Tally has some wonderful videos (you can see most on You Tube) on color correction and he talks about setting the black and white points - usually W is 245, 245, 245 and B is 15, 15, 15. You can use Curves or Levels to do that by tweaking each channel independently if needed. Doing that can keep you from blowing out your highlights and having your blacks be more than just a blob.
By the way, Lynda.com is now available at a lot of public libraries at no charge.
Hope this helps.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJiM-fsvQXE

Marydh

Thanks a lot Shadow.  I'll check it out.  Yeah, I love Lynda.com but haven't used it for a while.   May have to return.
Thanks also for your help on my picture. 🙂

Lynnya

Hi Mary and Shadow... no I wish I were out playing with my camera  :loveit: I was actually shopping for bedding... getting a surprise visit from my son and family in a couple of weeks.. Mary your picture was beautiful.. look forward to seeing your next one :hug:

Marydh

Thanks Lynnya!  I learned a lot.