• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Red

Started by Shadow, January 21, 2018, 02:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Red
Back with a new one. Not sure about the color. Added a Curves layer and it looked better ... still lots of red. So, added a Hue/Sat and decreased the overall Red a bit more. Whatcha' think gang? Ditch the Hue/Sat and leave it warm? Do something different? Thanks for the feedback!!

Orig

Curves

Hue/Sat Red decreased

Lynnya

Hi Lyn... looking good.. I did a simple levels adjust on red green and blues... and then a curves adjustment for neutral grays and it came out very similar to your last one.. try it on your original and see if it's different.. look forward to seeing your next wip  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Shadow, an option is to use the hue/sat layer layer mask and paint with black over baby's face and arms to bring back some of the red.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Lynn, tried your steps and you're right - very close. Also tried Hannie's tip about masking out the baby's face and arms to bring back some of the red. Like her warmer. Whatcha' think?
Here's where we are now. The man's hand looks all kinds of wrong. :crazy:  Bumfuddled how to make it look better. Any ideas? What else jumps out at you? Thanks gang.

Lynnya

Hey nearly there girl... for the hand.. maybe try some shadow underneath it? blank layer.. gradient tool dark shadow color (dark to transparent) splotch it any ole where then tranform it to the shape and where you want it then lower opacity.. I would also add some noise to sort of camouflage the smoothness of it.. look forward to seeing your final  :up: :up: also.. I tried a multiply layer at a lowish opacity for just the baby's face and hands... see what you think.. I'm still struggling on with my granny...

Shadow

Lynn, thanks much for your help. Really like your multiply tip for the wee one. Thoughts or anything else jump out?

Lynnya

Looks great Lyn... I'm assuming his hair is that golden right?  :up: :up: :up:

Shadow

Not sure. In the original there is lots of red. Am thinking some of that is from lighting and some is the wee one's coloring ... just not sure how much to leave. Dial it back a bit maybe?

Lynnya

I would dial it back just a tiny smidge.. but that's just me..  ::) I'm color blind right now...

Shadow

Will dial it back Lynn. The difference is subtle but I bet it will make a difference when printed. Thanks for the good eyes!  ;)