• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Proud Grandmother

Started by Lynnya, January 14, 2018, 11:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Just tweaked the color on this one so far... color comments welcome as I have a new monitor..

will probably tweak the color a bit more later...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Lookin' good on my monitor Lynn. What a sweet pic.

Hannie

A new monitor!  Do you like it Lynn?
Colors look good to me.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Color is very nice.  What monitor did you get?  Did you calibrate the monitor and if so what did you use?

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Lynnya

Hi Hannie and Pat... no .. didn't calibrate.. actually... my son (who has turned out to an angel in disguise) arrived with what he called "early birthday presents for the mother" we used to call each other "the mother" "the father" and "the son" to determine who was sposed to be boss when he was young.. a joke which has stuck.. anyway.. the son surprises us with a visit from Seattle with (drum roll) a new Canon 5DSR with a 25-105 ef L glass lens.. new guts for my old puter.. graphics card, ssdrive , and.... a Samsung HDMI monitor..he also while I was not looking downloaded Photoshop CC and paid for a year.....I'm still reeling from the shock..He's the same son who bailed us out in Wyoming after boiling our old truck on top of a mountain pass...
The universe has truly blessed us, not only is he the most generous of souls he's a really really sweet guy..
Enough boasting already...he rigged it all up before I got the chance to have a really good look at the boxes they came in!!!!

Yes I love the monitor...

Pat

"The mother" "the father" "the son" ...I love it.  Such a generous and loving son!  :up2:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Lynnya

Thanks Pat.. yes.. i'ts so lovely.. we do enjoy him so and the family...we are very fortunate.. :loveit:

Mhayes

Lynn, Color looks good and congratulations on your new monitor. You have a sweetheart of a son.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

I want a son too!  (the son)  :)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Tell him there's a line waiting to adopt him!  ::)

Lynnya

Nope! can't have him... :P

Lynnya

Hi guys.. here's where I'm at with this sweet image... comments and suggestions welcome... on the second one I upped the vibrance a tad, reduced the blacks a smidge and upped the brightness contrast a squeak...

Shadow

Looks really good Lynn! How in the world did you get the hair looking so good?  :up: :up:

Lynnya

Thanks lyn... hmmm the hair indeed... well, there wasn't enough good hair to use so I went on a grey hair search for similar texture.. put a goodly amount of it on her head, too big.. then masked it all out.. I desaturated any grey hair underneath to get rid of all that messy color. I then carefully painted with white brush small thin strokes to paint back in the hair I'd found.. it looked pretty fake at this point. I gaussian blurred it which made it look more real. For the hairline I used the patch tool to take some of the texture of the hair and move it to the hairline (use destination) and then faded the tool immediately to about half... I added a thin film of warm color to tone down the silver making it more like her real hair color.. it's about as good as I can do I think...if I mess with it more... well, we all know what happens then...

Shadow

Thanks for the info. Think I'll just leave the "missing hair" pics for you!  ;D