• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Overly ambitious Bridal Shower set?

Started by ApKPhoto, January 12, 2018, 05:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApKPhoto

Thought I would be clever and request a set of images as there seemed to be overlap in areas I could borrow from to reconstruct across the set - for the most part it has been a very helpful approach.

However, I am getting a bit stuck at the current stage of things, and I am worried that having worked on these now for close to two months (several hours a day, 2-3 days a week excluding a couple weeks around the xmas-new year's season) that I may be taking too long.

I definitely need some help with how to go about reconstructing areas for which I have no info, such as the lower-right and bottom edges (feet?) also there appears to be a person reaching from the right-hand side of the frame in a couple shots, but I have no face or body to work from, just an arm and hand... (The most damaged of the four images I have yet to start.)

Aside from that, I know there's a lot of finishing-touch kind of work left to do, but I can't embark on that until I've managed to piece together the rest of the scene...thoughts? Thanks in advance for your expertise and insights!

As a footnote, I am about to leave for a week-long escape from the Canadian winter here in Saskatchewan, but would like to finish these off when I return. I may not be able to see your responses right away, so I apologize in advance if you have questions for me that I am delayed in answering... (first time posting for Forum feedback, new to this process, be gentle!)     :cool:

Hannie

Hi Allison,

Having so many photos to look at the same time may prove to be a little discouraging for volunteers to give comments?

What if you post one at the time (original and WIP).

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Not sure what is going on but the photos for this family have already been restored, printed and sent home to the owner!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I did email but never got a response. :(
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Allison, no photo should be with a volunteer for 2 months, 2 days maybe and a couple weeks at most. When you didn't respond, the distributor did the responsible thing and put that photo out for another.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Allison, glad you posted. You did some nice work. Sometimes stuff happens. Look forward to seeing your next one.

ApKPhoto

Wow, I missed your emails, can not find them! I am sorry to have dropped the ball. I will reach out regarding accurate contact info - the problem could be on my end but I was completely unaware of the attempts at contact!