• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Good Teacher

Started by weewood, December 31, 2017, 07:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weewood

I've been spending as much time as I could on this photo! It has taken me longer than expected because of the holidays and doctor appointments! I would like to get this one approved soon because I'm having surgery in a couple of weeks! So please let me know what you think, and I'll do my best to get it corrected! Regards, David

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Mhayes

Nice cleanup on a photo that has a lot of damage. Nice restore on the bottom. Some of the photos that come back from a copy run I will try to leave what was a white border intact. The reason is that when I color correct I know that the border was white. On this I did a simple Curves Adj and used the white dropper for the border.

Yes, the border still needs work and what you did is good. On yours it doesn't seemed to be color corrected. Also, and I think really hard to recreate, but she appears to be smiling and her teeth showing.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

weewood

Okay! I color corrected it and added a smile! Maybe the lips should be a little darker! I was undecided! Let me know what you think! David

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Mhayes

David, much better. I would like a little more shading on her face so it doesn't look like a mask. I'm going to let others weigh in on your color correction, because it becomes too one sided with just my opinion. What I posted is lighter and yours is so much darker and the color reminds me of the flood water. As far as color correcting, she looks the same as before (except for teeth), so kind of confused.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

Hi
This is a rough copy of burning and dodging the separate channels to follow the contour of her face.  I also at 20% opacity with a soft brush tried to even and put texture in the skin. Did 2 overlay layers , one  with a black brush, the other with a white to add the white and dark shadings. Don't know how to fix the nose or mouth, good luck there.  I borrowed  and horizontally flipped he right eye and added the catch light to the left (tried to).  I used hue and saturation to desaturate it to remove the colours as well. Hope this helps.

[

Hannie

Hi David,

Like Margie I also got a lighter result after I did levels and curves.
To get some of the skin texure back I cloned/patched what was left of the good skin but after a while I got stuck, just not enough detail or info left on how to finish my attempt.  :-[

Best wishes and hope all goes well with your surgery,

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Dear Margie, Battleaxe (hate to call you that, maybe you should change your name) and Hannie,,,,I really appreciate your comments because it helps me see what I can't! I'm not saying I'm blind but I do have eye prescription problems and I work in the dark so my eyes don't water so much! I think my color correction got lost on the last one, just not sure what happened, anyway I've corrected it now, and kept the background darker, maybe the lady should have a drop shadow, but it did not look like there was one in the original! So, after the color correction, I added a little shadowing to her face, hoping it was not to much! As always, let me know what you think! My surgery is on the 19th, and I have many appointments with doctors and lab work before hand! So, it this attempt is not good enough, I will ask Tess to complete it, because I just don't have the time! 

David J. Davis

Mhayes

David, you gave it a great run and was able to restore quite a bit and now time to upload back to Tess and it can be touched up as needed. Good luck on your surgery and in the meantime take it easy if you can.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

weewood

Thank you, Margie! I want to be really good at this and sometimes I can and other times don't seem to get right! I'll be back just as soon as recover enough to function properly! Regards, David
David J. Davis

Mhayes

David, I have my days too. Hoping you have a fast recovery and next time pick one that's fun, and not one that will drive you crazy.  :D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

David, wishing you a speedy uneventful recovery!  :up: