• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need help with bookcase

Started by battleaxe, December 27, 2017, 05:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Here is my latest one.  I am having problems with the bookcase.  Could not find detail in the channels....though that may be me for I see detail but can't find it.   There may be balloons but they may be a pink light with three heads too.  Didn't correct the damage near in the blue walker or the door window.....should I? Still have some damage in the lamp area but the main concern for me is what to do with the bookcase. 

Now that I have it posted I see I have to correct the ceiling area at back I darkened the green and think I missed some of the wall on the right.  Why? Don't know. The area above the door is a bit crooked too.  Anyways  please help with the bookcase..... :hug:

started over again... the door is white and the wall behind is a brown beige.   must have been sleeping when I was working on this  :-[ but still need help with the bookcase.

Tori803

It's impossible to tell what the pink thing is, so my thought would be to remove it altogether. Where the detail disappears on the right side of the shelves/bookcase I would let it disappear into the shadows.

As to the walker, yes, go ahead and clean up the damage; it can be shadow also. The other thing would be to straighten up the edges at the top of the door. There's a lot of damage in this one - you've done a great job!
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Shadow

Wow, you've really brought it along. Hope you'll share your final!

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

BA, great job! I agree with Tori on getting ride of pink things since it's hard to tell what they are and because the eye is drawn towards them.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

Thank-you for your suggestions.
Here is my corrected one.   I did dust and scratchs lighten and darken after colour correcting. I did extreme curves and dodging, and content aware healing and cloning on the bookcase.  I'll try to do something to the pink and green what-shah-ma-call-it, and the line going up from it , maybe darken it otherwise is the bookcase ok?
Is the ceiling and back wall ok?  I cloned using the wall texture for the wall part, that and took actual samples of the cleanest area.  Took the colour from the only spot on the ceiling, brushed the colour in,  added a blended layer of monochrome Gaussian noise, then burned it, added Gaussian blur to the burn layer to get it to blend in more naturally.  I think I followed the photo.  Lastly I did a median blur of 2px to try to smooth it out more.

I just noticed damage over the door I caused and spots on the floor near lamp, and bookcase.

Mhayes

Great job. For some reason I like your first restore on the book case where it is darken all the way down. With the exception of removing the pink balls.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

I agree with Margie on the bookcase.

Shadow

battleaxe

Okay !
Can I send this home? 

Should have but this one in the moderate forum, since I couldn't fix the whole back ground aka bookcase.
Thanks for your help  :hug:

Hannie

Great job Nancy, send her home!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Oh came out really really nice BA.. :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

battleaxe

sent her home...again thanks  :hug:

Mhayes

Really nice restore, can't think of a thing I would change.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]