• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I've Arrived

Started by Shadow, December 05, 2017, 02:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Back with a new wee one. Here it is with a Curves color correction. Any suggestions on how to approach the skin tones for this cutie? Know the wee ones are usually redder ... ?? Thanks gang. Appreciate your feedback  :)

Mhayes

Shadow, I got the same results as you, by "auto" on the Curves Adjustment. I agree that "wee ones" are usually redder and this is an African American so will be darker, but not sure quite as dark a red. What I did was add another layer (maybe 2 if you do a layer mask later) and set the mode to "Screen" and the opacity  to 44%. This will lighten everything which can help in some areas, but other you want to keep darker. So I would do a layer mask for the face and any other area you want lighter. I wouldn't get too carried away trying to change from there as QC will decide from there. Also, baby looks redder online than he does when downloaded.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thank you Margie! Back later.

Hannie

You could also try increasing Cyan in the Reds and Yellows in a Selective Color Adjustment layer.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hmm ... tried both suggestions. Thanks Margie and Hannie. Which one gets your vote gang?  :P  Don't you love the lips!

Hannie

The one on the left Shadow.  Yes this baby is so cute!   :hug:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Looks good on my tiny screen Lyn :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

I hate to say I can't tell much difference between the two.  :D I can tell the difference between what Hannie posted. I with the majority.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks girls! This is where we're at. Added a bit more Cyan with the Selective Adj Layer ...  too much?? The hand threw me. Does this look believable? Do you think the word Let was on the far left of the second line? Many, many thanks!

Candice

He/she reminds me of the baby dolls I played with when I was a girl.
Candice

Mhayes

Shadow, I think this looks pretty darn good!  :up:  :up:

Margie

P.S. Yes, the hand looks believable.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Candy and Margie.

seelcraft