• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sweet Felicia

Started by Shadow, November 27, 2017, 02:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

We're back with another cutie. Did a global Curves correction of the card minus the frame and then added masked Curves layer for each photo and a Hue/Sat for the top middle pic for the red/magenta in the bkgd. All thoughts and suggestions most welcome! Thanks gang.

This is where we're at now. Sure appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Lynnya

Looks great Lyn.. one thing jumped out at me tho... her skin tones are very white with a (on my screen) slight green look.. very slight.. mostly on the main big picture of her.. apart from that it's perfect  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Lynn. Working on the skin tones.  :crazy:  Back later.

Mhayes

Shadow, I agree about the skin tone, but maybe the flood waters bleached it. Hopefully that wasn't how the picture was taken.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi Lyn.. I hope you don't mind.. I played with your image a little just to see what happened.. I did a new layer 50% multiply on the center image only... then I did the same thing again at 30% multiply which brought the skin tone numbers up a bit.. the magenta was a tad higher that the yellow (Kiska sitting on my shoulder) so I upped the yellow a tiny tiny bit in color balance to bring it in line with the magenta... any good? or no...

Shadow

:wnw:  Have been a bit lost on this one. Thank you so much for the tip and example! Will give it a go.

Your tip made a big difference Lynn. Here's sweet Felicia with 2 multiply layers like you said. Then evened out the "splotchies" on her skin. Good to go? Tweak more? Thanks.

Lynnya

Morning my friend.. it looks much better but I'm still seeing the numbers a bit off.. on my screen the cyan is a bit high.. should be about a third of the magenta and yellow.. yellow can be the same as magenta or a tad higher... I could be way off tho.. I often am..she still looks a bit cold.

Shadow

Thanks Lynn! Your numbers and explanation helped. Is this too warm now or does it look about right on your screen?

Lynnya

No it looks good.. what did you get for numbers cmyk just as a matter of interest... :up: :up:

Shadow

8, 15, 14, 0 with forehead spot. Need to double check the frames now.  Oh my. :crazy: