• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Soldier

Started by Shadow, November 12, 2017, 02:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. This nice looking soldier is in need of some help. This is where we are so far. Any suggestions on the best way to bring the hands back? Sure would appreciate your tips and wisdom! And please let me know if you see anything else in need of more attention. Thanks all.

Lynnya

Looks great Lyn.. you could try... jump the layer and use multiply..mask out and paint back in....that tones them down a bit.. then a curves layer and darken then down more.. then you have to heal the join... also.. and this is just me and might be wrong for you.. I would increase the contrast a bit just for his face (maybe his hands).. it looks a little soft compared with the original..

I have great faith in you  :cool:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Lynn. Yep. You are right. Added some contrast back to the face. Tried the multiply/mask and ended up with a combination of that and a curves layer for just the hands. They need something ... Is the left thumb (looking at screen) up and right under it should be dark suit? Is he holding something? Ideas or suggestions? Thanks all.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Looking good Lyn.. is he holding his hat do you think.. Candy would probably know more than me.. seems to me he would have a hat.. also.. maybe "smudge" the edge of his right hand (on screen) at the top.. looks a bit sharp..

Shadow

Thanks Lynn. Better?

Mhayes

Wow Shadow, this was one badly damaged photo. I love what you have done and think it looks natural and think a hat would be harder to pull off and I'm thinking not hat.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Lovely job Lyn.. they are gonna be soooo happy to have him back... :up: :up:

Candice

Even if he is holding a cover, there's not enough detail to put it in.  The airman looks great!!
Candice

Shadow

Thanks girls! You all made my day.  And Hannie, thanks for that adorable puppy. He shows up on the ipad but not here on the pc. Strange.