• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

this is a hard one

Started by mentalaustrian, November 04, 2017, 03:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalaustrian

i know, you dont want vignettes, you dont want replaced BG and this is not finished.....but what could i do ? ;) in this case, maybe its better this way as nothing. whats your thoughts? again, its nor done yet, just an hour.

Lynnya

Hi Mario... sometimes you just have to do what you need to do with a background thats almost all gone.. try to get the colors anyway.

I'm not getting a red blouse and black hair on this one.. more lighter skin and hair and a brown blouse..
How did you arrive at your color correction? I'm interested to know your method.
Lynn

p.s. Bambi recommends that if you absolutely must do a new background you leave a pretty good margin around the subject.. I can't remember how many pixels.. quite a lot.. like 30px maybe.. and try to blend in..sometimes adding noise - blurr a bit - pixalate - mosiac creats a pretty good background ... anyway good luck with it.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

mentalaustrian

color corection, first automatic curves adjustment, levels in all rgb channels and finging a neutral grey with 50% grey layer in mode difference. and with this grey another vurves. you know the difference method? correct color i fear, can noone see in this one. the bluse is red for me, with the hair i think you are right, but there is so much "wrong" red in the image, i dont think she has red hair, as it seems. as i said, was just a quick try and i will do another attempt with different outcome

Lynnya

I know your method well.. look forward to your next work in progress.. :up:

Mhayes

Mario, here is another photo on the woman that was in the gallery and I spoke to the owner and 2 in her family had the red hair. Never assume because of race a hair must be one color. Us women like variety. Also, she is light skinned and not dark. Her blouse as good as you can get, as without the owner seeing it, and maybe even then would not remember the color. I'm thinking it may even be an orange or bronze.

Footnote: When I spoke to the owner she is so thankful for what we are doing. She has no living relatives and that includes a husband that was killed in a car accident. These photos mean the world to her and it would be great if we could finish them for her before Christmas. No pressure.  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mentalaustrian

Lynn, it will be again this one, just wanted to show a possible direction ;)
Margie, i never asume anything because of the race, i did the last one with red hair and she was the same race. the other picture of her will help a lot, thank you

Mhayes

Mario, the last one you did had the name DixonB as the extension on the photo and your current one does too. Sometimes that helps as it tells you that both photos came from the same family, and a clue to the hair color. As the distributor's gallery starts having fewer photos, more will be added but those will have a different name on the file extension for a different family.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mentalaustrian

mentalaustrian

ok, this is a complete different approach. restored the best channel as good as possible. took other image of lady as a reference and handcolorized it as similar to the reference as possible. i for my part, dont think i can do it any better

Mhayes

I agree it couldn't be done better. Your version is fantastic! Beautiful job of handcolorized.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Beautiful Mario... she'll love it.. :up: :up:

mentalaustrian

thank you Margie and Lynn, than i will upload it

mentalaustrian

distributor was not happy, here is the new version

Mhayes

This one is beautiful and so was the other.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mentalaustrian

thanks, will see if it will be accepted, i dont think that much more can be done in this case