• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Beautiful young girl

Started by Lynnya, November 02, 2017, 02:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Well this should keep me out of trouble for a bit.. :cool:  I did an auto curves from "good selection" of image avoiding the damage.. I liked the result so I left it at that.. I've cropped it (with permission) and now comes the work... comments on the color welcome...Oh and I upped the blacks and toned down the blown white flowers..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Looking good so far Lynn. Will be a fun one to watch.  ^-^

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn... it's the hair thats gonna be the difficult part methinks... :crazy:

Lynnya

Im thinking this white spot in her left eye (right on screen) in not a catchlight but damage.. I was thinking I'd get rid of most of it and leave a tiny catch... what say you...

Shadow

agree. face is coming along beautifully!

Bambi

Agree about the damage/catchlight. I would do the best possible repair on her bangs, using the repaired areas to cover the white areas there. Then I would select that hair and paste it into a new layer and use Puppet Warp for the hair on top. I think the lower undamaged hair is a little too straight to use on the top, but you might be able to make that work.

I watch with curiosity and amazement.

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn and Bambi.. I think this kind of work is my favorite...trying to give back to her a precious moment.. I feel very passionate about my work ...it's a great hobby and meditation for me as I'm sure it is for many of us... :loveit:

Mhayes

Lynn, this is really coming along beautifully. I agree that the white in her eye is not a catchlight. Look forward to your progress.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

Lynnya

Hi Gang... Here is where I'm at... lost in the forest again.. please let me know what you see needs doing..

Bambi

Amazing job on her hair. How did you do it?

Lynnya

Oh jeez...mostly cheated a whole lot.. Filled in with hair from good parts of her hair and then there was just not enough.. so I borrowed some  ^-^   filled it in best I could.. several different layers and blend modes.. I had her original right next to her to try to copy exactly the colors and style.. i'ts not perfect by any means but it's the best I could do.. nothing in the channels.. Some of it I layered over her hair in soft light just for the texture..

There was no way I could make her look lovely with cloning or patching her hair.. hence the cheat.. ::)  she wouldn't want to look yucky...

Candice

Ah, she uses the "a little from here" to make "a little for there" method.  (A line from Hiram's Red Shirt) :)
Candice

Shadow

On this little screen it looks gorgeous!  :up:

Mhayes

Lynnya, she looks beautiful.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]