• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New Photos in Photoshelter!!

Started by cmpentecost, February 24, 2007, 05:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

Ok, everyone who requested a photo should have an invite now.  Sorry I missed that ever so important last step.  Thanks for being patient with me, but I'm confident I'll have it all down pat in no time at all!

Christine

GP

Thank you Robert and Christine  :loveit:
I got the invite and the picture now!

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

cmpentecost

Whew!  Glad I got it figured out.  Thanks for all of your patience!!

Christine

Peter_AUS

I just put my hand up for one of the easy ones in the gallery you posted up.  As it is my first request for a photo I chose one of a baby on a blanket that seems like it would be hopefully easy.  BoenekeJ_6_2_5x7.jpg.

I take it that when we are logged in we can see comments posted against the images from other members is that correct or not ??
Regards,

Peter

pcraft

You're welcome Gerlinde, glad to have helped you out..
And thank you Christine, I received the invite in my email..  :)

Robert

cmpentecost

Peter,

Unfortunately, Photoshelter does not allow the members to see comments left by other members.  I am able to see them (as is the rest of OPR staff).  Having been both in front of and behind the scenes, it's given me a new perspective to the distribution of all of the photos.  At this point in time, there are a lot of photos available for restoration, so if you chose one or two, the odds are quite high that you'll get your chosen photo.  If you choose more than one, please indicate your first and second choices.  I will be checking the gallery quite frequently, especially in the beginning, so you should get your photos fairly quickly.

I think in a few days, our forums should be quite active again, and a lot of fun.  Thanks for all of your help (and patience with me!!).

Christine

beckysell

Christine, you're doing great!  Thanks so much for taking this on! 

To answer another question, yes, grayscaling the sepia photos is fine.  If you ever feel uncertain about it, just drop us an e-mail.  For the most part, we print the ones that have yellowed with age in b&w. 

Also, Christine's got the brand spankin' new gallery, as does Dave, and Mike and I are posting images as we need to as well, just to let you know how the galleries run these days!  All are open to all volunteers, though we are asking you to take one at a time. 

Thanks to all!
Becky

melrcomp

Wanted to say Congratz Christine!  :up:

and I'm so happy to be working on more photos.

Thanks for sending the email out about that, i disappeard from the forums for a bit. :)

- Mel
- Mel

cmpentecost

Hi Mel,

Welcome back!!  I'm working on releasing photos this evening, and will continue tomorrow.  We've gotten a LOT of activity in the last couple of hours, but I expect invites to be sent out for all available photos by tomorrow evening.  I will be out most of tomorrow, so bear with me, but normally I should have the invites out within a day.

Thanks!

Christine

Ziaphra

mschonher

Hi Christine, I just wanted to add my congrats to all the others. God bless you for taking on this monumental task. I am looking forward to the restoration process once again. I've been practicing all along though, hoping to improve my skills. Good luck Christine...............Mary Schonher :loveit:

cmpentecost

You guys are all the greatest and your kind words mean really a lot to me.  Thank you!

I've been sending invites left and right, so if anyone has requested one and hasn't gotten an invitation within 24 hours, you may want to request another photo, as the one you wanted was probably already spoken for.

Thanks again.

Christine

david_gr

Hey Christine,

I finished the photo you sent me yesterday and asked for another one today.  Do I have to notify you when I am done with one and asking for another or is that automatic?

It looks like everybody else is getting the easy ones done first as well.  Can't say as I blame them. It will be interesting when only the difficult ones are left.   :-\

David Gr

melrcomp

Just wondering...
I picked 3 photos, and they're not up anymore. So should i pick a few more?
And is there any way that you can let people know that they're photos have already been taken by someone else?
Just asking, because, I know you're busy and I certainly do not want to nag anyone or be a pest lol :)

thanks for all your time and patience! :)
Mel
- Mel

cmpentecost

Hi Mel,

I remember seeing your name and ironically, I think all 3 had been spoken for by other volunteers.  However, I'm current on the gallery right now, so go ahead and request another photo or two, and I'm sure you'll get one of them.

Thanks!

Christine