• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New Photos in Photoshelter!!

Started by cmpentecost, February 24, 2007, 05:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

As the new OPR distributor, I have just released 213 images to Photoshelter.  They are under "Christine's OPR", and are of all levels...easy, moderate and difficult.  Per OPR guidelines, each volunteer is only allowed ONE photo to work on at a time.  Once the photo is completed and returned, you may choose another photo.

I am in a fortunate position that I should be able to check the gallery almost daily, so I will do my best to get the photos released to your galleries within a day or so of your request.

You may respond to this forum or email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Good Luck!

Christine

glennab

Hi Chris

How wonderful that you've taken on distribution of the photos.  That should take one heck of a load of the rest of Admin.  Contrats and Thanks are both in order!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

So we're not divided up into groups???
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Dave

Christine's gallery is open to all volunteers.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Ausimax

Nice one Christine, this should help the work flow. Though I noticed you waited until I took another of Dave's "beasts" before you released them. :funny:

Christine, just so you know with the new system of only being able to have one photo at a time, when I apply for a photo I usually select the one I hope to get, and then select several others labelling them 1st and 2nd choice etc. Hopefully that way I will still get a photo if the first choice is gone.

Congratulations with your new job, it should lower the workload of the others somewhat. ;D

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Ratz

Congrats Christine. like Max I am mourning your sense of timing, the one I have at the moment is horrendous and providing me with quite a headache, but I'll struggle on until I finally admit it has beaten me or I actually get it right!

regards, vicki. :)

cmpentecost

Thanks everyone!  The first few days will still be a learning curve, but Becky and Dave have been great to instruct me in how the whole system works.  I'm just pleased to be a part of OPR and help out with the processing of the photos.  I certainly understand choosing more than one at a time, as you never know what's already been spoken for.  However, in these early stages, pretty much everything is still up for grabs.

Please don't hesitate to email or put something in the forums if you have a question or problem.  I'm hoping to continue working on my restorations, as well as the rest of you.  And PLEASE......post your work in progress to the forums.  Not only is it great constructive feedback, but it helps in the quality control as well.

Christine

cmpentecost

one more thing....if you've requested a photo but haven't received your photo or response within 24 hours, please let me know.  I'm still learning the system, and am not sure if what I am doing is working (releasing the photos, that is).  I "think" it is, but you guys will be the judge.  Thanks.

Christine

RosyBijou

Hi Christine!
Congratulations on your new OPR role! 

I'm sorry if I just confused things in your box...  Being the numbskull that I am, I requested three images, ordering them in preference.  THEN, I remembered about your requests for us not to ask for more than one...... So, I went  back to PhotoShelter to edit my comments, I was able to edit my second & third requests, but the first had already been taken off---

Anyway, I wanted to apologize if I just made this distribution harder for you.  I'd love any of the three.  I will check back later to see if they have been distributed and will put in a new request (for only one!) tomorrow if I haven't received any e-mail invites...

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

david_gr

Christine,

I think it is great that you are taking this on.   :)

If no one has taken it, I would like to take on AssafE_5_3.  I figure to take on the easier ones so the more experience folks can work on the toughies.

One question, I noticed many of the photos are black and white that have yellowed with age.  When restoring them, do we convert them to black and white or do we leave the yellow in?

David Gr

cmpentecost

Thanks David!

I just sent you your photo.  Please let me know if you don't get an invite...I'm still hoping I'm doing all of this correctly!

As for the yellow spots, I will double check with Becky and Dave, but I would say remove the yellow and keep it black and white.  The yellow could be part of the damage from the hurricane.  It's good to double check though if in doubt.

Thanks again.

Christine

kiska

Congrats Christine. I'll be jumping in your pile soon. I have a David and a Becky right now.

David, if something appears that it was originally bw, I ask and if it is, I've been told to return it as a grayscale. If the admins want to add sepia, they'll do it.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

GP

Hi Christine,
I put in a request for a photo yesterday >>>MurphyV<<< (1.choice) and >>>MaestriK<<< (2.choice). I did not receive either one ( MurphyV disappeared from the list now). Would you please check on this. Thank you very much  :)

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

pcraft

Hi Gerlinde, I thought the same thing with the photo I requested...  I had expected an email but found that the photo was in my Photoshelter account..  I think you'll find that the 1st photo may be found @ your "My Photoshelter/Image Buyer" Area..  Your "My Photoshelter" can be found in the gray bar near the top of the Photoshelter window, click on it and you'll see "Image Buyer"..

I hope that helps?

Robert

PS. Thank you Christine, congrats and good luck in your new endeavour with OPR..   :up:

cmpentecost

Sorry guys.  I guess I missed an important step here, and that was sending you the invite, letting you know the photo is in your gallery.  Thank you Robert, for giving the steps to obtain the photos.  I'll follow up on this and hopefully, everyone will get an invite.

Thanks.

Christine