• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Getting Married

Started by Lynnya, October 22, 2017, 11:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Trying to color correct this one before I start repairs... Did a levels slider in RGB then I checked the black and white numbers.. whites were pretty ok for this type of photo I think..I ignored the specular highlights of the lightbulbs - adjusted the blacks up a bit.. will probably tweak again at the end..At the moment there is no end in sight... :cool:

Please let me know what you think...

p.s. I also used Shadow's tip about color correcting a good selection of the image - cutting out most of the damage to get more genuine color result...then filling in the rest of the mask with white...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

You are fearless! Isn't it exciting when the color goes from "Oh my" to "Wow"! Good luck Lynn.

Lynnya

I know... I love when it does that...I think I really like the hopeless ones best.. I feel sorry for them.. As long as I have most of the face and hands .. the rest is pretty restorable... (she says confidently) :cool:  we'll see....

I have a question... do you think the white object to your right on the screen on the bridal arch is a white dove or damage... would that be normal for a southern wedding maybe?

Shadow

Think it is like the flower/ribbon across from it on the left.

Lynnya

Bambi

I love when the color correction is so dramatic! Can't thank you enough for taking on the restorations that are too daunting for most of us.

Candice

Quote from: Bambi on October 22, 2017, 07:19:23 PM
I love when the color correction is so dramatic! Can't thank you enough for taking on the restorations that are too daunting for most of us.

You said a mouthful.  I know, I personally, don't do weddings.
Candice

Lynnya

Here's where I'm at with this sweet wedding... comments and eyes welcome...

Shadow

You did it again! Beautiful Lynn.  :up: :up:

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn.. I just noticed some fuzzy damage type stuff in the left corner wall on my screen... shall fix that now.. :hug:

Shadow

"my, what good eyes you have!"  ::)

rsvadnie

Oh wow! What a difference! This is such a sweet photo, too. :)

Lynnya

Mhayes

Wow! This one came a long, long way. Had to smile when on the left for titles it reads: Getting Married by Lynnya. Struck me funny that you were either getting married or performing the ceremony.   ::)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Very beautiful restore Lynn, that was a lot of work!

:wnw:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]