• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

WIP: The Bride

Started by rsvadnie, October 21, 2017, 10:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsvadnie

Hey y'all! I'm still working away!

After hitting wall after wall trying to reconstruct with the color version, I've added an RGB B/W adjustment layer (recommended by my distributor in the original download if the color correction didn't work). This made the repairs A LOT easier since I could concentrate on just the structure of a particular repair instead of the structure and color. What I think I might do is what Margie suggested and try colorizing the B/W when the physical repair work is finished.

One thing I need to toss out to everyone for thoughts—there is a dark band at her hair line near the veil. It doesn't appear to be part of the surface damage but when I look at it in the different channels, it looks like there is hair texture underneath? I don't want to "correct" something that is supposed to be there.

This is a snipping from the red channel... you can see a very distinct, sharp line that makes me think it is damage.

P.S. I'm graduating to chocolate covered espresso beans. ;)

Lynnya

Glad to see you are still around.. and jumping by now on those beans... good luck rsv.. look forward to seeing your next wip and thanks for posting.. all helps with our learning curves :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

rsvadnie, I think the dark band is just hair with a little shading on it?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Chocolate covered espresso beans ... oh my! Sounds tastefully stimulating!  :funny:    Agree with Hannie about the dark area. Look forward to watching you work your magic rsvadnie.

rsvadnie

I'm still here and working away. ;)

Wanted to share the latest progress. I've rebuilt most of her hair and the sleeve. There are still some details with the hair to finish, and I'm going to bring back the original contrast levels.

Here's the original again for comparison.

Reconstructing the missing hair has been the toughest part. There wasn't a whole lot of info to work with to fill the gap. I filled in as much as I could with her own hair and restored some texture with a stock swatch of natural hair and softened it to blend in with the rest of the hair.

I'm almost home

rsvadnie

I accidentally double posted. Is that the Web version of dropping your coffee on the floor? XD

Lynnya

Too many coffee beans rsv  :funny: It's lookin mighty nice.. lovely hair..look forward to your next wip :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Yep, too much coffee. Looking really good!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

No coffee dropping please!   ;D
I know you still are working this one, I noticed the top of the curtains have black area that makes the levels adjustment a little out of whack.
I lightened it some (too much I noticed  :)) and then did a levels.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Good to see you. Coming along nicely!  :up2:

rsvadnie

Quote from: Hannie on November 29, 2017, 06:15:45 AM
No coffee dropping please!   ;D
I know you still are working this one, I noticed the top of the curtains have black area that makes the levels adjustment a little out of whack.
I lightened it some (too much I noticed  :)) and then did a levels.

Thank you so much for pointing that out! I'll make sure to adjust that. :)

rsvadnie

I don't want to jinx myself, but... I think I'm done? You guys have been invaluable during this restoration and I wanted to see if I could get the eagle eyes once more?

Hannie

Very beautiful job rsvadnie!
The levels need a tiny bit of adjustment and she is good to go.

:up2:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

Shadow