• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding

Started by melker, October 17, 2017, 02:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melker

Hello,

I'm new here and got a warm welcome in another thread; thank you!

This is my first "real" restauration here. I chose an easy one to start...  ;D

I'm not sure if this advice has been posted in the forum already, but for the red damage on the dress...

1. This method probably only works if it's a colored damage on a relatively colorless background. I roughly selected the affected area. The background can be more in color but then you need to do a really detailed selection of the damage.

2. Then I chose Photoshop < Image < Adjustments < Selective Color; and played around with the sliders to figure out which yield the best result. I put the "black" slider to -100% for the color red which made the redness go away. I had to do this like 5 times to get a good result.

3. Then I took the Burn tool on midtones and drew a bit on the dark areas(shadows) of the dress as they got lost because of the method I used described above...

4. Noise was visible from the damage. To get rid of that I duplicated the layer and put gaussian blur on it. Masked the layer, filled it with black and with white I drew on the affected areas.

Bambi

You color correction looks good, but now there are blue discolorations in the train. Might be able to use a Color layer to paint over them with a nice white from the dress.

There are a few blown white spots on the dress. To be sure that doesn't happen in the future, be sure your White Eyedroppers are set to R10 G10 B10 and your Black Eyedroppers are set to R244 G244 B244 on your Levels and Curves adjustment layers. You can use a Threshold layer with the slider all the way to the right to see the spots. A quick fix is to add a new layer set to Multiply and fill with RGB 244, or Hex Code f4f4f4. that will add enough color to fill the blown spots and won't change the overall look of the picture.

Lynnya

Hi Melker... looking real good.. with the tips from Bambi you'll have a winner :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Congratulations on your first OPR restore Melker, what a great job!

Bambi's tips are great, I always use to blow out the whites until Kiska volunteer pointed out to me to use the Info panel and check out the whites that way.
When I look at the original I notice that the whites there are a little blown out to start with.

Another way to get rid of the cyan and orange in the wedding train is to use a Hue/Saturation layer and move the Saturation slider some to the left masking out the rest of the image.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Lovely so far. Good to see you and look forward to your next wip!