• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Textured Trio

Started by Lynnya, October 12, 2017, 03:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi guys.. trying something new with this one.. it would be fairly easy BUT for the terrible texture crackle all over it.. I have a plan.. we'll see if it works... (or not). Did a levels adjust first red green and blue separately.. then did an auto curves which made no difference really.. I did another curves adjust for the neutral gray and I DID check the black point (Shadow was sitting on my shoulder)... left it where is was..
Color correction only..FFT filter did nothing..This should make for interesting work... :cool:

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Bambi

Would this help? Surface Blur?

Shadow

You are a brave woman Lynn. Eager to see how you whip the cracking into shape! Bambi might be on to the solution  ;)

Lynnya

Thanks Bambi and Shadow.. I'm trying all sorts of things on this image..  :crazy: at the moment I put it through my imagonic softwre and then a blur, masked it out and touching the cracks out.. not sure how thats gonna go.. will see today.. fresh eyes today .. sometimes I open it up and say "oh boy... that didn't work"... we'll see lol :cool:

Mike Morrell

I'll be interested to see what you come up with!
My gut feeling is that a mix of techniques (noise reduction, blur, painting, patching/cloning in the fine details) might be needed.

I had a quick try just of curiosity:
- Dust & Scratches filter at 1.0, threshold 3 (applied twice)
- Brushed in Gaussian Blur (radius 3.0) at 15% - 50% depending on how visible the cracks were
- Did a rough job at adding in sharper 'dots' on the woman's dress
  > High Pass filter with 'dress' mask with blending mode 'linear light'; this brings back both dots and cracks
  > blurred the cracks between the dot patterns on the HP filter layer; only a rough job as demo - it's painstaking!

Musician, Photographer and Volunteer

Lynnya

Thanks Mike..you're right.. many different techniques at this one  :crazy: and yes... painstaking is the word.. all part of the job.. I'm getting  raise you know.. they said..plus a parking space outside Starbucks..I'm still waiting.... :cool:

Lynnya

here's my latest wip.. don't want to go too far with removing texture so there are still some quirks in it but I think it may be best to leave them.. what say you...

Shadow

Knew you could work some voodoo on it!   ;D  Looking good Lynn!

Mike Morrell

Quote from: Lynnya on October 13, 2017, 02:18:43 PM
... I'm getting a raise you know.. they said..plus a parking space outside Starbucks..I'm still waiting.... :cool:

Long overdue, considering the work you put in! I'd hold out for a chauffeur and free flights too ;)

The latest WIP looks great btw.

Mike

Mhayes

All in good time my friends. We even provide a corporate jet for the over-achievers. Stay tuned <maybe not in this life time> and you will be rewarded. Thought to self: I smell a revolt and Mike is fanning the flames.  :cool:

Great job Lynnya!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie and all... hmmm.... corporate jet hey?  hmmm... now where would I go ... :huh:

Mike Morrell

Quote from: Lynnya on October 14, 2017, 01:56:24 PM
... corporate jet hey?  hmmm... now where would I go ... :huh:
Mountain hiking vacation in Holland? ;)