• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Pretty in pink

Started by Shadow, October 11, 2017, 05:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

A fun one. Added a Curves layer to set W/ G / B points. Merged those layers, masked out the little girl and most of the foreground and ran Dust Scratches Filter on background to take down some of those pesky spots. Then lots of healing and borrowing and pasting ... or jumping as Lynn says. Double checked the skin and overall color numbers after all that healing and added 2 Curve layers to tweak the overall numbers and decrease the red some. How's it look? All comments welcome.

Lynnya

Beautiful job Lyn... on my screen she looks a bit yellow..may be just my screen... messed with the color balance a bit to see.. Hannie was sitting on my shoulder.. what do you think..too pink?

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

No, its not your screen. Thanks for showing your approach. Sometimes these studios pics are a bit more challenging than I would have thought - color wise that is  ;)

Mike Morrell

Great work Shadow/Lynnya!
Mike
Musician, Photographer and Volunteer

Lynnya

Hey Mike nice to see you around the cooler! how's your WIP going or did you finish it..

Shadow

Thanks Mike. Good to see you. I'm with Lynn ... how did your restore turn out?

Bambi

A little less red, a touch more blue and a little less saturation? The skin tones in the original look nice.

Shadow

Thanks for all the feedback gang! Final or still too saturated?

Mike Morrell

@Lynnya, @Shadow

Thanks! I just posted a new WIP. To be honest, I've been working on the 'Christmas Pic' on and off for so long, my eyes just glaze over whenever I look at it. But I'd like to close it out and start on something new.
Mike

Quote from: Lynnya on October 12, 2017, 02:01:52 PM
Hey Mike nice to see you around the cooler! how's your WIP going or did you finish it..
Musician, Photographer and Volunteer

Lynnya

Well glad to see you back.. I enjoy your input..always nice to have a new pair of eyes..I feel your pain about glazing over the wip.. it happens..