• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Red Check

Started by Shadow, October 05, 2017, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

New one with a "nosey" challenge  ;D  First things first. Used Threshold to get my B/W points and then added Curves layer. There's lots of spread out damage in this one so will check those points as the image progresses. Used the Patch tool on the arm skin and also used good "parts" and copied them to new layer and used where they were needed. Keeping everything on its own layer makes it easy for me to go back when feedback comes with better suggestions.
How's it looking on your screens? Ignoring the damage, does her coloring look good or a bit cool? Thanks for all comments  ^-^

Lynnya

Not cool on my screen shadow.. looks great so far.. look forward to your end product.. good luck with the nosey part :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks for the once over Lynn. Didn't you get awarded plaid queen somewhere in the past? Does that apply to checks  :funny:

Lynnya

I did indeed... if you don't have enough check on the rest of her dress there is always the gingham fabric store... >:D

Bambi

Searched the originals and I may have found a reference for her nose. I put the picture in your gallery.

Shadow

:wnw: Bambi.   And may I add ... Gingham = Plaid  :knuppel:

Here's a WIP. Still lots left.Used a reference image Bambi found for the nose on the right side. On the gingham it was a combination of borrowing good parts and using Puppet Warp and Warp to get them into position. All comments and feedback welcome!

Lynnya

Great job so far Lyn :up: :up: the gingham is perfect lol... you now take the "Crown"... congratulations!!  Nose looks great too!  Look forward to you final..

Shadow

Thanks for the encouragement Lynn!

Mhayes

Great job Shadow, not we will save all are check patterns for you.  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

No Margie, NO!  ;D  Here's the latest WIP. The left hand is giving me fits. Eager to hear all suggestions!!! Besides the hand, what else needs attention? Thanks much gang.

Lynnya

Hi Lyn.. looking really good.. on the hand? if you go to the original, choose the red channel (I think) and copy that, paste it in place over your wip you'll see the hand is quite a bit bigger or longer than yours.. that may be what giving you gip.. you may even be able to hue/sat - colorize the red overlay to match your skin tone... maybe.. have to go walking with hubby now.. good luck!

this is what I came up with... unmasked of course ..

Shadow

Thanks Lynn! Completely forgot about the channels. Will give that a go when we return from our stroll.

Lynnya

Like I completely forget about black and white points every time.. :funny:

Shadow

Is this getting close? Final?

Lynnya

Oh yes Lyn.. beautiful!!! lovely job on the hand.. one tiny iddy biddy pic..tiny smudge mark on her chin towards the left facing screen.. I'd say this was  a final.. lovely job :wnw: :hug: