• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Happy Couple

Started by Lynnya, October 04, 2017, 02:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi guys.. trying something new.. I did my usual levels RGB - curves neutral etc but wasn't over the moon about the quality of the color... so.. I tried Shadow's (Katrin Eismann's) method of selecting basically non damaged area of the image and applied just one auto curves adjustment..this is what I got and to me, it looks good''' I checked the RGB levels and they looked fine.... what do you see please. Comments apprciated..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Glad you liked KE's method. Looking good. On my screen, the whites (her button on right and his collar on right - looking at screen) are a bit bright? Eager to see how you whip this one in shape! You go girl!

Bambi

I know it's not recommended, but I often try to clear away most of the damage before I do the final color correction. Either way, I never set the white and black points in a damaged area. Your color looks good so far.

Lynnya

Here's where I am gang... need eyes please.. thanks.

Bambi

Wow. Looks great to me.

Shadow

Girl! Wonderful.  :up: :up:  Texture on dress is outstanding. How did you do that?!

Lynnya

If I tell you I'll have to kill you  :funny:

I'll send you a private message or I'll be in trouble 😀

Lynnya

So ... here's what I did.. I tried to clone/patch/jump fabric that was there and it was awful.. there are many free background/fabric web sites on the net if you search and I found some fabric that looked the same as her dress.. I layered it over the damage and chose soft light blend mode which got rid of the color and just left the texture.. then I spent ages trying to get the color to blend ...coloring and curving etc..

I've found the most exciting tool lately is the blue channel which I keep a copy of next to my wip.. if part of the wip gets out of kilter by restoring the damage I can select the part from the blue channel and paste in place over the wip an see exactly where the restored version should be.. like nose, jaw line etc.. with her face on my left I did just that at the end.. pasted her jaw in place - hue/sat colorized and messed with it till the color matched her face - reduced the opacity and blurred a tad and regained her facial imperfections..

Hope this helps.. look forward to seeing your check wip shadow  :up: :up: :up:

Shadow

Like that! Thanks for sharing.  :hug:

Mhayes

Looks really good Lynn, and thanks for sharing how you got there.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]