• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from Orlando :)

Started by rsvadnie, September 29, 2017, 02:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsvadnie

I'm really looking forward to working with OPR. My family was lucky and didn't get any flooding or much damage from Irma, but there were so many in town and in the state who had it so much worse. I've lived here all of my life, and survived four other hurricanes. The little pieces of normal become so important. My first post-Irma Starbucks run was heaven; they had hot coffee and cold coffee and no one minded. Part of our routine was back, part of normal. If I can help someone get back a piece of their normal, their life, I want to.

So when I'm not obsessively checking the tropical update on Weather Underground or foraging for coffee, I work for a glass museum doing design work and social media. I have five rescue cats, one husband, and a cockatiel who likes to take selfies. :)

Mike Morrell

Hi rsvadnie and welcome from another newbie at OPR!

Good to hear that you and your family escaped the worst effects of Irma. I can only imagine how it must be to live in a town/state where many people got hit worse. I live in the Netherlands where hurricanes are only something I read about (and see) on the news.

Great that you're joining the OPR team!

Mike
Musician, Photographer and Volunteer

Lynnya

Welcome from Sunny Homosassa Florida.. look forward to working with you.. you sound like a lotta fun..  :up: :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Hi Rsvadine. A big welcome. Glad you were spared by Irma. Sounds like you have a wonderful family. Look forward to seeing some of those cockatiel selfies!  ;)

Pat

Hi Rsvadine and a big welcome from Michigan!  Glad to have you on board.  Some of these storm damaged photos may look a little daunting but don't be shy.  We all love sharing tips and techniques in a fun and friendly manner.

Working for a glass museum doing design work sounds like fun and interesting work.  I'm with Shadow; would love to see some of those cockatiel selfies.  BTW what's his name?
Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

rsvadnie

He name is Boo. :) I'll have to find some of his selfie work!

Lynna, Homassa has to be one of my favorite Florida city names!

Mhayes

Hi Rsvadnie,

A warm welcome from Kansas. Glad you didn't get hit, but hard to see how many did.

Because we are coming off a huge amount of photos from our Baton Rouge, LA copy run, we are stretched pretty thin about being ready to come to Florida. However, we will but it will most like be in the middle of next year. We have been offered funding to come to Houston and that is going to increase our backlog. So hoping everyone keeps picking photos to restore.

Not to sidetrack your welcome; I am going to have a new post about part of a documentary that we will be a part of and maybe you know someone in Florida, close to Tampa that could be a part of it.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]