• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

On the Balcony

Started by Lynnya, September 20, 2017, 04:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all.. here is my latest color correction.. comments welcome..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

Well I think you could bring the highlights up with levels or curves.  The edges can be ignored.  I brightened the highlights some to the point that the windows were blown out.   Next I used Image Adjustments/Shadows Highlights to lighten the darks a tad. 

phil

Shadow

Hey Girl! Looking good. Wonder if excluding the damage around the edges will help with color correction?
Here's a quickie ...  Did KE's tip about selecting the good part of the image and not all that damage. Then added Curves layer and clicked Auto to see how it looked. Tweaked my white/black points to the numbers shown. Limited on time or would do more. If you like this, after you get the numbers where you like them, you can then fill the Curves layer mask with white or leave it as it is. (doesn't matter for that type of damage) Good luck! Will check on your WIP.  ^-^

Lynnya

Hey !!! You're back!! Welcome back we so missed you...

Lynnya

Thanks Phil and Shadow... good advice both.. will have another look at it... :up:

Bambi

Good advice. With this kind of damage, an Auto color correction is almost always off. I use a Threshold Adjustment Layer to find the Black and White points in the undamaged areas. Then check the Levels sliders. Often needs a tweak or two after the damage is repaired.

Lynnya

Here's my latest.. can you see anything ... thanks for good eyes..

Shadow

Beautiful Lynn! Like how you kept the blue tint to the boy's shorts.  :up: :up:

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn.. didn't even know I did that lol.. :hug:

Bambi

Wow. Skin tones are a little too red, but I am overwhelmed by your brilliant repairs. :up2:

Mhayes

Lynn, second Bambi's thoughts!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Is this still too red in the skin tones?? reduced a fraction.. could do more if needed...

kiska

This might tone it down a touch.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

Thanks Kiska.. is this better??

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro