• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sweet Baby

Started by Lynnya, September 18, 2017, 10:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

just starting on this one... did levels adjustment in each of red green and blue separately.. did a curves adjustment finding neutral gray - then I did another curves adjustment in reds greens and blues pumping up the white numbers some... then I thought it was too bright so I reduced the opacity of the layer to 70% -

comments and suggestions welcome..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Lynnya

Oh boy... help!!  I wish I could crop this.. I've asked Bambi for permission.. still waiting.. :( not much left of the background at all...I know vignette is a no no but what can I do?? :-\

Mike Morrell

Hi Lynnya,

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure why you would want a vignette. The second version (without the vignette) looks really good to me.

Perhaps a wee bit of straightening and patching of the bar/rails in the right margin and I reckon you're done.

Excellent work!

Mike
Musician, Photographer and Volunteer

Lynnya

Hi Mike.. thanks for input  :) I did the vignette (even tho we are not sposed to) as there was soooo much damage and nothing to pull on... and we are not allowed to crop or straighten without permission of the distributor.. since my last post I emailed Bambi my distributor to o.k. the cropped version.. she kindly put a cropped version in my gallery but I'd done all this work already so I want her to look at my wip before I have to start all over...

Vignettes.. straightenings and croppings are all no no  :mad:  :funny:

Lynnya

I've fixed the right hand margin (not shown) and Bambi is taking a look at both up there in the Ether of OPR... see what happens  :)

Hannie

Lynn, I like your new avatar, so nice to the face behind the name!

I also like your cropped version best, I'm sure Bambi will agree to let you crop.  The only thing I find a little distracting is the thingy on the left that comes up diagonally from the side of the crib.  I wonder if that area would not be parallel to the other side?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Lynn, love your avatar too!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie for good eyes.. will take another look at that.. thanks Margie  ;D

kiska

PLEASE crop the original the same as the restore.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

Sorry Kiska.. not used to cropping in this forum..I was concerned about cropping the original.. In fact.. is there some secret method or do I just eyeball it...cropping in this forum makes me very anxious  :cool:

kiska

If you have permission from your distributor to crop the restore, you also need to keep a copy of the original at the same crop and upload both when you are done with the restoration. You crop to the same dimensions as the original. An 8x10 original would be cropped to 8x10.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

Thanks Kiska.. I had already completed the restore before I cropped it.. 6x4 original... I cropped it to a 6x4 but then was at a bit of a loss to know how to now crop the original to the exact same contents.. eg where baby's head is within the image etc.
  I've sent my now cropped original up to Bambi for her to look at.  I ended up taking the restored cropped version and pasting over the original and lining it all up then cropped the original underneath to the same size... looks o.k. to me but in future I'll crop before the restore..

Shadow

Bambi

The cropped version is a teensy bit off and it jumps a little from the original to the final. But, Lynn now knows to crop the original first and send the cropped original to the distributor.

Lynnya

Yes.. yes I do.. I am now the official croppermuckerupper  :crazy: