• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Me and my pony

Started by Shadow, September 29, 2017, 06:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Here's a new one. Used the Threshold adj layer to find my Black/White points. Settled on a gray point on the bottom left above the damage. Since the color changed quite a bit depending on where I placed the gray point (and I have been known to get color all goofed up  ::) ), I added a point to the girl's forehead on the bottom right to check on the skin values. See how this looks to you. All comments/feedback welcome.

Lynnya

Oh shadow I was hoping you'd choose this one.. it's lovely.. will give it a real good look over tomorrow.. off duty now  :cool:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Look forward to it! Enjoy your evening.  :)

Lynnya

Yup.. bottom right looks good to me.. nice skin tones..look forward to your next wip :up: :up:

Shadow

OK. So here's where we are ... still have to zoom in and double check everything. Whatcha' see gang?  :cool:

Lynnya

Beautiful Shadow... just beautiful! :up: :up: :up:

Shadow

Mike Morrell

Amazing work, Shadow!

One (minor) observation: there's a reddish area under the girl's mouth that somehow doesn't look right to me. It's in the original (undamaged) photo too so it's not part of the restore. I just wonder whether a less reddish and more skin-coloured area under her mouth would look better.

Up to you.

Mike
Musician, Photographer and Volunteer

Shadow

Thanks for the suggestion Mike. Here's a closeup of the area. Added a New Layer, filled 50% gray, blend mode Soft light. Using white and soft edged brush at low opacity I painted the area. Then lowered the opacity of the layer. (Can adjust to more or less if needed) Original or tweaked for final?

Lynnya

that looks good Lyn  :up: :up: looks like she was biting her lower lip and got chapped skin or somthing.. looks great now..

Mhayes

Shadow, she looks great!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mike Morrell

Musician, Photographer and Volunteer

Shadow