• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Family image

Started by Lynnya, September 25, 2017, 03:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang.. here's my new one.. i'ts very blurred as you can see.  I've color corrected as best I can and will tweak at the end more .. my plan is to use the blue channel - copy and paste over my image - luminosity blend mode to bring back some of the color - hide all and then brush back in where the bad red casts and around the boys legs.. they are much clearer in the blue channel. Also at the end (maybe?) I may add a layer in multiply mode for just the facial features.. maybe bring out the features a bit more than they are.. let's see what happens lol :cool: comments and critiques always welcome.. that's how I learn..

this is what it looks like with the blue channel over the image in luminosty just where the damage is.. Not a whole lot better but better.. can make out the boys pants etc..I reduced the red in hue/sat..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Looking really good so far Lynn. Thank you for sharing your process. Most helpful! Look forward to watching your magic unfold  ^-^

Lynnya

Shadow you were sitting on my shoulder with the white and black points.. which I usually ignore until you point it out... :funny:

Lynnya

ok.. have at it eagle eyes... Me thinks that the markings on the front of the little girl's dress may be pattern? not damage?? what say you...

Shadow

Looking good so far Lynn. You have come so far!
Couple little things ... Check out the car/rt lower corner of the garage area. Maybe touch that up a bit more. Zoom in on the boy. See the maroon on the left side of his face/chin (looking at screen) and the line on the side of his head and part of his shoulder? And don't shoot me, the tops of the little girl's socks are blown out. Her shoes could use something but I don't know how to direct you. Maybe Kiska can offer a tip. She sure helped me with some shoes/shadow a while back. Good luck!

Lynnya

Oh thank goodness you're back😁😁

Mike Morrell

Hi Lynnya,

A couple of comments:
- I'm even more impressed by your restoration skills!
- I've seen so many different (and excellent) restorations from you recently that I'm starting to wonder whether you have a life outside of OPR ;)
- Reading Shadow's tips, he/she definitely seems the OPR go-to eagle-eye! ;)
- On my laptop screen, I can't see the 'line on the side of his head and part of his shoulder' that Shadow mentioned
- I do see a two 'greyish areas'where some more color might improve the restore
   > Vegetation above the roof (green instead of grey)
   > the shadowed area in the woman's hair (perhaps a touch more brown?)

All of these 'suggestions for improvement' (Shadow's too IMHO) come from 'pixel peeping': unless you zoom in close up, you don't really notice them You know more about OPR's quality standards than I do. I'm sure you have a good idea of what needs to be fixed and what's 'fit for purpose' as it is.

Mike
Musician, Photographer and Volunteer

Lynnya

Hi Mike.. thanks for weighing in :)

Shadow (Lyn) is a real good buddy of mine and she knows I love to be critiqued down to the last pixel that can be fixed.. I'm the same with her work .. if it can be improved we try to improve it.. that's the reason for the forum... to get it as near to the original as possible before it goes to quality control who will send it back if it's not up to par. These things that Shadow mentioned  are actually there and can be easily fixed.. it was after all "a work in progress" not a final. Actually, I think Bambi may have sent it back with the area's "unattended to" that Shadow's eagle eyes saw.  Trust me.. I'm as picky with her work (and yours).. lol.
I'ts great to have another set of eyes look at your work.. I nearly always miss something and can at times be a tad sloppy at times..

Shadow is a wonderful detail restorer ... she can go overboard a bit on the saturation part which we have to reign her in on but for detail she's the one I rely on.

I'm so glad you are now a part of our team.. I think your input will be of great value. Looking forward to your WIP.. "work in progress".. (took me ages to figure that out)

Oh... and by the way.. I do have a great life outside of OPR.. I"m fortunate enough to be retired so lots of lovely time to play.. Off to my walk in the Florida jungle now.
See you around the cooler later.

Lynnya

Mike.. these are the areas that Shadow saw that need fixing.. We always try to zoom in to at least 100% if not 200% at the end.. thanks for noticing the grey areas in the trees.. will fix those also, and her hair..You've got good eyes too  :up: :up:

Lynnya

How's this shadow.. what else can you see... :cool:

Shadow

Lynnya

Thanks dearie..I'll send them home. Thanks for your help  :hug:

Lynnya

Just a little comment.. I sent it home and Bambi noticed (what I'd missed) a tiny line around the boys right side (looking at the screen) and some color damage in the woman's hair.. I fixed both and sent them back and all is well.. just wanted to note quality expected from distributors and quality control.. :wnw: