• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Almost time

Started by Shadow, September 06, 2017, 02:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Here's a new one. Sure would appreciate some extra eyes on this one. How's it looking so far? Anything stand out in need of tweaking or reworking? Thanks.  :)

Bambi

Looks good. Might take a little red out of the bushes in the back, but they do match the original, so maybe not.

Hannie

Love your new happy avatar Shadow!

Great restore and repairs! 
One little pick, some of the shadows in her dress (on the sides) have disappeared and also the Levels sliders can come in some more?

:up:

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mike Morrell

Hi Shadow,

I'm a complete newbie to OPR so I'm just learning how to give feedback on photos (and when and how to be picky ;))

Overall, I think you did a wonderful job! My pickies (=suggestions) are:
- I agree with Hannie that more shadows in the dress would improve the restore
- The vegetation top right is OK but it looks sharper on the original: perhaps clone/patch the original sharpness?
-Ttake a closer look at the second 'stripe' from the right. You've extended it to the top of the photo. In the original, it seems to stop short of the top.

I love the way you've restored the color to the 'vegetation' on the left of the photo!

Mike

Musician, Photographer and Volunteer

Shadow

Thanks Bambi, Hannie and Mike. Appreciate the good eyes and feedback. Hopefully I made the most of it. Final unless something else pops out?

Tess (Tassie D)

I did a levels adjustment to get rid of the haze and added some more green to all the foliage?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Tess. Appreciate the inclusion of your tweaked image as a guide. (You too Hannie.) Went back and added some green and got rid of the haze. Will send it home.
By the way Tess, how old is your sweet avatar?

Tess (Tassie D)

Molly is 3 1/2 years old Shadow. She is a rescue dog, so timid when we got her but now queen of the house. :)

When we first got her

Now, waiting to bound out of the garden and play.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

She is so  beautiful! (and all grown up)

,- . _ , -.
    \ /) " (\ /
      (_o_)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

She's wonderful Tess! Bet she loves sniffing your gorgeous roses.
And Hannie, cool pic!