• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hi from the Netherlands

Started by Mike Morrell, September 04, 2017, 11:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

We're not near the alpine region Mike. We're close to Portland, Victoria, the oldest settlement in the state. https://goo.gl/nedKJG
This time of year we get to see the Southern Right Whale migration. https://goo.gl/7fYbwu
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Mike, you have never seen the Dutch Mountains?   ;)

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Wow Tess. You live in a stunning place!

Mike Morrell

Hi Hannie,

I live in Breda and we have our very own local mountain! It's all of 23 metres high! ;)

Mike
Musician, Photographer and Volunteer

Hannie

23 metres high wow, you are so lucky!
Where I live it is -5,5 metres below NAP so we do swim practice on a weekly base.  ;)

My idea of the Dutch mountains:

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on September 13, 2017, 06:03:55 AM
23 metres high wow, you are so lucky!
Where I live it is -5,5 metres below NAP so we do swim practice on a weekly base.  ;)

My idea of the Dutch mountains:

What a lovely picture.  That would make a great jigsaw puzzle!
Candice

Shadow

You're right Candy ... perfect for a puzzle. Wonderful pic!

Mike Morrell

I'm not a big fan of jigsaw puzzles (except restorations ;) ) but this one would drive me crazy!

Luckily, I live right down in the south of the Netherlands (Breda) where fields are smaller, trees/hedgerows are closer together and there are plenty of woods/forests to break up the flat landscape. There are plenty of places like this photo in NL with wide expanses of fields (especially where land has been drained) but it would drive me mad living in such a 'bare' landscape!

I need something to break the horizon every 1/2 mile or so. Preferably a hill/mountain but otherwise some trees. ;)

Mike
Musician, Photographer and Volunteer