• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lady in black and white

Started by Lynnya, August 18, 2017, 10:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang.. just starting on this one.  I found the blue channel with the least facial damage so I went with that..I did a levels adjustment in RGB  then went to channel mixer and tuned it up a bit.. this is where I'm starting from.. that is damage in my right hand corner right?? :D for a moment I wondered...

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Lynnya

Need your opinions please... is this damage or smudged buttons... I just can't decide.. and is the white at the neck decoration? or damage.. help please..

Hannie

Hard to tell Lynn, I think it may all be damage.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Yeah.. I tend to agree Hannie... I think I'll treat it as damage and I can always put them back in later.. thanks.  :)

Lynnya

O.k... struggling along with this one.. I would really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions..

Shadow

On a little screen here. It's looking good. You have come SO far!
Maybe a little more of your magic on her hand? Know hands are tough when parts are missing. On her hair on the left and her top lip, is that highlight or damage? Look forward to seeing the final. Good luck!

Lynnya

Thanks so much Lyn... yes.. working on that darn hand... hands are sooooo difficult :(  thanks for input.. will address the rest..Hurry Back..

Lynnya

Here is my latest... what can you see please friends..

Mhayes

Lynn, great job. Even though her blouse was beyond bringing back to the original; you version looks natural and does not distract from the most important part and that is her face.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie, she's gone home and Bambi gave her the o.k.

Shadow

Lynnya

Thanks Shadow..

Here is another beauty from the past.. hope I can do her justice..  I did a levels adjust first.. then copied the blue channel and pasted it over the rgb layer cutting out some of the damage.  Then I did a channel mixer layer and just upped the tones a bit. Comments welcome..Also... what do we think is around her neck... a locket? a watch? Candy?? any ideas, this is your department.. :)

Shadow

Good morning. Looking good so far. Thanks for sharing your steps to get where you are. Have no idea what is hidden beneath all that damage. Wonder what the powers that be would recommend here? Look forward to your next WIP!

Lynnya

Yes, I'd be interested in what Hannie and Candy have to say about the item round her neck...

Hannie

Girls, your guess is as good as mine.  The necklace may have a pendant but nothing is visible in any of the channels.  I looked up Edwardian necklaces and pendants, impossible to choose really when you don't know the the shape or size, was it a cameo, a locket or a gem?

If it is impossible to figure out by asking the owners for instance, then I would create a hint of a round pendant, not too large.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]