• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Trying to figure out where the roofline on this picture is

Started by WordSpark LLC, August 16, 2017, 05:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WordSpark LLC

Hi everyone,

I am working on a new picture and I have some trouble figuring out where the actual roof line of the house is. On the left, you can see a faint outline. I was wondering whether it might be a "stepped" roof and the big "blob" close to the top could be a chimney. The longer I look at it, the less I can figure it out :D

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Ann

philbach

Hi WordSparkLLC.  Good question.  I felt that the blue channel gave the most info and here is what I came up with.

phil

Candice

There is a chimney.  And I see the roof's shape like you have it, Phil. 
Candice

kiska

I got about the same as Phil.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

WordSpark LLC

Thank you Phil, Candice, Lynnya and Kiska  :hug:

First, I thought it looked like Phil's, but the angle of the outline on the left threw me for a loop and I wasn't sure if there was anything that potentially needed to be symmetrically matched on the right (even though the tree is in front of the house).

After looking at Kiska's, I thought that strange angle on the left would match a smaller "ante roof" and that part of the house protrudes from the porch, so I think, I'll go with that. Still have a looong way to go with the picture, thank you all for your help!

Lynnya

Looking forward to seeing your WIP - good luck and I'm sure you'll do great  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Just wishing you good luck. Look forward to your WIP?