• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Last Bride Restore

Started by Lynnya, August 13, 2017, 09:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Mornin all... last bride restore I think...Done what I can in levels and curves for the time being... see how it goes :cool: Should I keep the background or not...Margie?

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Lynn, you are doing a great job and so fast! 
In one way it is easier to work on photos from the same shoot but I sometimes get tired of seeing the same thing over and over and over...

:)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi Hannie,  yes.. I'm looking forward to moving on but... I've really enjoyed this bride and yes it's easier to pull from previous images... Am trying to keep the background in this one so far.. it's easier to remove it at the end if necessary than to try to put it all back  :crazy:

Shadow

Looking good so far! Beautiful work on all this whole series.

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn.. got ma work cut out on this one.... :cool:

Lynnya

Here's where I'm at for the day... comments and critiques welcome... I think she had her flowers in her hands.. hence all the colored mess at the bottom.. hope so anyway  :cool:

Mhayes

Lynn, I like it! I have a feeling that this picture was cropped to get rid of major damage and wonder if we could increase the size of the photo (change extension) to a 4 x 6. With the original I took the ruler tool and used it a along a straight line on one of the windows, and then I went up to the Image>Image Rotate>Arbitrary.  That got the bride right side up and kept it from looking like she, the light, and building were falling down.  ;) Once I did that I chose a 4 x 6 size as that is standard and what the photo would be put on anyway. But I centered it--although more space at the bottom is Okay too. See what you think.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Margie! thank goodness... I thought I was going a bit nutty.. spent most of the time on this restore lying on my side! Very weird ... what you say makes perfect sense..I was very reticent to rotate it as I wasn't sure about pixel loss... Your way doesn't loose pixels right? Anyhow.. do you want me to take the background out as far as I can and then just fade out? I think I can do that...

Let me know... thanks for saving my sanity.. was very odd working sideways... :crazy:

Margie I'm confused now... I tried doing what you suggested and the image is already a 4x6 so when I put it on a new 4x6 background it ends up being too big.. I've never done this before and am loathed to resize/rotate until I fully understand.. I think the idea would work great... if I could do it.. any help from anyone would be great..

see? comes out too big.. :-\

Shadow

The image is looking good Lynn. Will have to learn about the turning/cropping along with you.

Lynnya

Yeah.. I don't get how Margie came up with a smaller image on a 4x6 background..we'll learn together  :up:

Lynnya

so this is what I came up with... I ended up making the actual image a smart object and resizing it to fit into the 4x6 and plan on filling in the background from here... what do you think.. will it work? can't see why not. Or... I could fill in the background on the larger cropped image above.. HELP!!

Shadow

Way over my head. Know you will make it look good!  :up2:

Mhayes

Lynn, I like this last one best and yes, it you want to fill in the background on the larger background.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Phew... this is a toughie...thoughts please??

Hannie

Wow, pretty good Lynn!
Why don't you upload (when you are done) both this version and the one without the filled in background, they both look good.

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]