• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

PS Version ... ?

Started by Shadow, July 30, 2017, 10:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Which version of PS are you using? For those with the newest CC 2017 ... would you recommend the upgrade? Thoughts and opinions welcome!

Candice

CS 4.... (hiding my head)
Candice

Shadow

Don't hide your head!  ;)  I am using CS5.  Just wondered if the newer rental versions were so amazing they were worth it?

Hannie

Shadow, I use CS6 and will not change to CC.  The latter has some improvements but in my opinion not worth the monthly fees.
The best improvement ever was Content Aware and that was available from CS4 and up. 
The only thing I am curious about is the de-blurring thingy that is part of CC.

This link has a nice list of of what the different Photoshop versions have and it may help you decide:

http://www.softwarevoucher.com/adobe-cs6-vs-cc-2015/
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Hannie. Thanks for your input. In addition to the cost of the monthly fees, being at the mercy of a company in regards to my photos was of concern. (The newer PS is only a rental afterall.) This recent dust up with PB drove that point home for me. Guess I was just wondering what others thought. The new bells and whistles can be enticing.  ^-^

Lynnya

Hi Lyn..I have cs5 and plan on sticking with it as long as it exists..some of my friends have had trouble with CS6 and the cloud...I just don't think it offers that much more that we (I) really need..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Several things that were compatible with my CS4 ended when I upgraded with Windows 10.  So be aware of that, should you move forward in other areas.
Candice

Hannie

Thanks for the heads up Candy, good point.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Lynn and good point Candy. Happy to stay with CS5.

Mhayes

Shadow,

I'm using CS5 also and I'm happy with it. I didn't want to upgrade to a subscription pay and I like having software that I'm comfortable with and ir gets the job done.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]