• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

WHAT'S UP WITH THIS?

Started by Candice, July 18, 2017, 08:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

It depends Bambi, we all use an image host that we like. Photobucket was always recommended by OPR.
I have signed up with Imgur for future use.  "Add image to post" also works well but sometimes you want the image in the post to be larger.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Hannie, I agree with wanting the image in the post to be larger.  Not always, but a good deal of the time I use Postimage as a stand alone and then post the links here.  That way I can choose the size.  Most of the time I tell it "leave alone".
Candice

Mhayes

Tess,

I will go through my post this weekend. Things never go peaceful for too long, do they?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hey Everyone,

Just because we don't have Photobucket, doesn't mean you can add your image to a post. Below your reply is a link to add an image to your post. Yes, it is small, but you can click on it in the post to make it much larger.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Quote from: Tess (Tassie D) on July 19, 2017, 04:10:41 AM
Photobucket has ditched free accounts so I'm in the process of moving everything over to another host. Bear with me.

If you find pinned topics missing photos can you put the links to the threads here and I'll get them moved to the new image host.

Tess,

It looks like every photo that I have every used Photobucket for and it goes clear back to when I first joined. I can give you the links, but if all the other photos on there are also Photobucket, won't it be futile?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Pretty much Margie. We'll just have to wear it.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Nicely put Hannie! PB's download album does not work. Contacted them. They already knew about it and said just download each image individually. Buggers!
Saw where Hannie is using Imgur. Is that site OK with 3rd party linking for us? Is the best option to upload all the PB images there and then fix our links or would Post Image be better?
Any guidance appreciated!

Mhayes

Well you know what they say: When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade." That's the best lame excuse I could come up with, but we will come back strong. Although it's a shame to loose so much history of tips that depended on the illustrations that went with them. What gets my goat--well, if I had a goat--is that Photobucket is not using this contract for future use, but rather everything retroactive. That seems to go back on a promise made in the beginning and now broken.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Gang. Thought I'd share ...
If you plan on downloading your PB pics, the download album does not work. They know about this and seem to have no plans to fix this feature. (At least for those accessing 3rd party links.) You have to download each image individually.  :knuppel:  >:(  :'(   Also, as of today, when you click on your pic in your library to access the download icon, you may see the screen below. Not to worry. Look to the upper right corner - cog icon. Click this. You will see download in the list. (It may look grayed out but it works.) Click download and you can save your image to your hard drive.
If anyone sees a broken link or link that seems wrong from me, please let me know and I'll do my best to get it corrected. And if the big pics are preferred instead of thumbnail links, let me know.

Hannie

No issues with Post Image as far as I can tell.  Both the images that can't be shown are Candy's, perhaps they were changed or taken out for some reason?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Shadow

Hey Gang. Passing along a nice surprise. Searching through past posts looking for a solution to a challenge, I discovered that some old PB images are still there. Even when some are missing, there have been nice write ups for tips and explanations. Maybe all of you will stumble on some nice surprises also! Good hunting.  :)

Mhayes

Shadow, those images showing were from other sites than Photobucket. Yes, nice we still have some intact. I hope to get a news letter out to let volunteers know that they can still access their photos from Photobucket, but they can't post on the forum.

Kind of lax lately, but trying to recover from bronchitis.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]