• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

WHAT'S UP WITH THIS?

Started by Candice, July 18, 2017, 08:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

WHAT'S UP WITH THIS? I don't use photobucket any longer and it was a FREE account when I did.

Candice

Shadow

PB changed their policy and is demanding $400/yr for third party linking. The internet is outraged but PB doesn't seem to be bothered so far. It has broken sites all over.  :(
http://www.csoonline.com/article/3205765/internet/photobucket-replaced-millions-of-images-with-ransom-demand.html

Candice

I had to write them and tell them I wanted to cancel.  I've still not been able to do so!  I am not a happy camper!

I deleted what pictures I had in there.  For 2 GB it was FREE.  I used it for a while but didn't like their formatting.  Of course all the older links here are gone, but I'm not paying for anything that DEMANDS me to do so.  :mad:
Candice

Mhayes

Wow! I was wondering the same thing. Now when I log in, their update your account is repeated all the way down the page. Perhaps Tess can shed some light on this. My question is, fine will use the option below to add an image, but I am wondering if that now means all our history with photos in the Forum will disappear?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Very good question, Margie.  Guess we'll wait and see.
Candice

Mhayes

This is beyond disgusting when I see on the homepage that where PhotoShelter was, there is now the gauge of update your account with Photobucket. This link WAS NOT TO THEM BUT PHOTOSHELTER. I know the salute I would like to give them right now.  :mad:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Photobucket has ditched free accounts so I'm in the process of moving everything over to another host. Bear with me.

If you find pinned topics missing photos can you put the links to the threads here and I'll get them moved to the new image host.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Oh boy, not good...  :(  There go our wonderfull topics.
Tess, is there anything I can do to help?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks Hannie. It only seems to be affecting some threads at the moment. About all you can do is look through old posts of yours and see if any have the dreaded upgrade image. :(
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Thanks Tess, will do that.  I wonder if anyone at Photobucket will come to their senses. 

Anyone wanting to start using another photo storing site, it is probably best not delete any pictures at Photobucket.  Just copy them and then you can upload to another imaging site.  I signed up with Imgur.com, just in case.  Seems like a reliable organization.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

There are quite a few topics affected by this Photobucket ransom ware.  Tess, how do you fix it, do you download the image and keep it on your drive or move it to another imaging website? 

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I've moved to another host Hannie. There are way too many old posts to worry about so I'm just concentrating on the pinned ones.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Painstaking work Tess, good grief!   
I was hoping against knowing better that Photobucket would come to their senses.  Probably not so I better get cracking.   :mad:

Hannie

PS Margie, it looks like Tess already fixed the Photoshelter image on our home page.  It is now on Imgur.co.  The more I look at that host the better I like it.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

What a mess!!  I use flickr and I pay them to do so, but I love the new host you've given us to share pictures here. They are great.

Thanks Tess for all you do!
Candice

Bambi

What host are we using now?