• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Bride and Groom pic need help

Started by battleaxe, June 27, 2017, 07:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Hi  guys,
don't know why but I am having trouble with this one.  So far this is what I have.   Don't know how to fix her nose. This is a 8x10.

:hug:

Lynnya

Wow ba... you are so brave.. I'm no help at all.. I'm really bad at features..the best channel is the blue but I'm sure you've used that.. maybe someone else has her nose in another image..sorry.. good luck. :wow:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

Well I am no expert.  But its the lower side of her face, nose, lips  and chin.  What I do in these impossible situations since I am not an artist is to google images "Lady Portraits."  Try to find some pictures that have the subject looking in the same direction with a facial outline that is similar.  Let that photo serve as kind of an outline of where to place the lower part of the chin, the lips, and the nose and perhaps the correct shading around that part of the face.  Good luck on a marvelous challenge. 
phil

Shadow

battleaxe

Ok I cloned the top of her mouth and some of the bottom.  Took the rulers out to mark the top and bottom of the eyes and their corners then did the same for the nose.  Cloned the nose nostril on the left, flipped and put it on the right.  Put it so it was the same distance up as the corner of the eye. Since her head seems to be tilted.  Does this look okay? Next is the hair. Should they both be dark brown?  Have to fix the image's colouring but will do that last.  Form comes first.

Thanks for you help so far.  :hug:

Hannie

Wow Battleaxe!  You have done an amazing job bringing this couple back to life, beautiful.
I agree on the hair color.

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Shadow

philbach

I thought I would provide an example of what I was talking about by using another photo.  I took a quick look at "Portrait Brides" in Google images and selected the picture that I've enclosed.  I then selected the face and copied it to a layer on top of the original and set the opacity of that layer to 50%
I transformed the picture so the eyes of the lady of the top Layer matched the eyes of the lady in the lower layer
I set the top layer blending mode to luminosity
I added a mask to the upper layer and filled the mask with black
I then carefully painted in the mask in the upper layer to define the outline of the nose

phil

battleaxe

Thanks Phil that looks better.  :loveit:

seelcraft

The shadow is on the wrong side of her nose.

Doug
Chemists have solutions!

battleaxe

Think I have to send this up.    This is what it looks like. It is an 8x10 so it is still showing damage.

Could not duplicate what Phil did. 
Thanks for your help! :hug:

Hannie

You did a love job bringing this couple back to life.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Mhayes

BA, what a really hard one you had and amazing what you were able to pull out. Thanks Phil for the helpful feedback.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]