• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hands

Started by Shadow, June 27, 2017, 11:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. So, might need to make an appt with a shrinker after this one!

Added a Curves Layer and then another Curves layer just for the people to lighten the midtones. The red tones were high so I added a Color Balance layer. The Bkgd yellow cast was bothersome so I added a Hue/Sat to tone that down while I worked on the people. When I zoomed in, the dark shadow (especially on the men and 2 taller girls) had lots of red noise so I added yet another Hue/Sat and reduced the red a bit. Checking in with all of you for guidance. On your screens, how do the people look? Checking the numbers 'bout drove me around the bend. So many light variables. Feedback? Suggestions? Please share your wisdom   :crazy:

Lynnya

Got ya hands full with this one dearie.. on my crappy laptop screen it looks to me like you are on the right track.. only so much you can do and I think you've done it.. look forward to seeing your wips - Good luck.. you'll do great.. you always do  :up: :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

What's with those fingers?  ::)

Colors looking pretty good to me Shadow. 
Not sure if this one is going to be cropped, this orientation is also an option?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Hannie! Tess did OK a crop. Same orientation though. Will put up a WIP soon.
This is where we are now. Lots left to do as you can see. Anything look off in what's done so far? Thanks gang.  :)

Shadow

WIP. Comments and suggestions welcome!

Lynnya

Looking really good Lyn.. is it a tad over saturated or could be my very crappy screen.. look forward to final  :up: :up:

Shadow

Not your computer Lynn. Have to fix the saturation. Here's current WIP. Any suggestions how to repair faces of boy and girl in the middle? My efforts so far leave them with less expression.  :(   All suggestions appreciated!

Hannie

For the girl I borrowed a little bit of forehead and side of the head from her brother in the middle.  I transformed to fit her face.
Same idea for the little boy in the front row, borrowed from sister on the on the far left and transformed/adjusted tone/ color to fit the boy.
Hope this can help!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thank you very much Hannie. Will give it a go.  :hug:

Lynnya

Looking forward to your final Lyn... s'gonna be good :up: :up: :up:

Shadow

Hi Gang. Here's where we are.  :crazy:  Thoughts? Ideas?  Sure could use some extra eyes on this one! Thanks all.

Candice

One thing I see is that the green on the trees, left of family, are way to green.  Maybe it's just my screen but take a look just the same.
Candice

Lynnya

Hi Lyn.. you are doing a great job with this family.. on my screen I agree with Candy that the greens are bright.. also.. when I look at your original color correct the faces were a little darker.. they look a bit "light" to me on my monitor..did you blur them a bit or is it my eyes finally giving up the ghost.. 8)
Great repairs!!!

Shadow

Thank you girls for the "good eyes" and feedback! Toned down that green. After the crop, the people were too dark so brought up the midtones. Your eyes are not giving up the ghost Lynn. On a few of the faces are transplanted foreheads ... think it left them looking a bit soft. No idea how to address that. This may be the final ... ? ? ?

Tess (Tassie D)

I wonder whether desaturating it even more would look more natural? Those kids clothes almost glow in the dark.
It is possible they are that bright or the photographer did some sort of filter?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]