• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

2 pics

Started by Shadow, June 19, 2017, 12:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Fun one. Just beginning. Did a Curves Layer and then added Channel Mixer mono adjustment. Am thinking partial frame ought to go. Thoughts?

Lynnya

Hmm.. I would say so but maybe wait for Margie.. looks like damage to me..I would be inclined to remove.. look forward to seeing your wip  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

kiska

I would remove the frame. Looks like they removed the pic to get it copied to restored.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

Thanks Lynn and Kiska. Appreciate the feedback. This is a WIP. Lots to do as you can see. Thought I better get some feedback though and make sure I'm on the right track. Thoughts?

Mhayes

Shadow, I agree about removing the frame. Also, I think what you are seeing on the camera's lens is damage and I would darken the center entirely.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: Mhayes on June 19, 2017, 09:22:46 PM
Shadow, I agree about removing the frame. Also, I think what you are seeing on the camera's lens is damage and I would darken the center entirely.

Margie
Margie what you are seeing in the lens is the upside down image of the photographer holding the camera.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

I agree with Tess.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Candice

That's the point of the picture, I do believe.  A picture within a picture.  Love it!
Candice

Mhayes

Thanks Tess, I totally missed that as it looked like the damage at the bottom of the photo. That would have been a shame to have removed it. Very clever whether intentional or not.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Comments welcome.

Hannie

Shadow, I thinks she is wearing a very large ring on her right indexfinger?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thank you for the good eyes Hannie!   :wnw:  How does this look? Band too light?

Lynnya

Shadow looking really good :loveit:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Shadow, I am using a tiny screen (computer room is unbearably hot) so it is hard to tell.  It almost seems to me that ring has a very large flat black stone and the ring is turned towards the camera?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

You have the best eyes Hannie!  Thank you! Heading back to the "drawing board" now.
Hope your computer room cools down soon.  :)

How does this ring look? Too big?