• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I Do too

Started by Shadow, June 03, 2017, 10:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hey Gang. Sure could use your good eyes, wisdom & any tips you might have. Working on this last wedding pic so the group of pics can go home.
Borrowed ears for bride and groom from Lynn's "I Do" final ... do they work?
Any suggestions how to fix her lips? Not sure how to get rid of the dark smudge. 
There's LOTS to do on this one. ALL your input welcome! Thx much.  :halo:

Included 300 dpi pics so you can hopefully zoom in and see well. You can see some of the reference images if you go to Lynn's  "I DO" thread. (Yea Lynn!!)

Original

Color Corrected: Curves 244/126/15 and removed lavender from veil etc

Added ears, reduced some of the red on faces and some healing.

Lynnya

Looking on my tiny screen Lyn ...looks really good..will look at bigger later..great job!!!
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

I agree, it looks good Lyn.  The new ear seems a little sharper than the rest of the image but that may only appear that way after looking at the damaged version first.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Great job Lyn.. I agree with Hannie that the ear may need a tad softening... hardly at all. ANY time you need body parts from any of my finals just grab em.. and if you need hi res anything let me know and I'll send link to my opr gallery so you can download. Nice we can share  :)

They are going to be so happy with their wedding pics  :loveit:

Shadow

Thanks gals. Will soften both of the ears a bit. Like your tiny screen Lynn and thanks for the parts offer.  ^-^
Here's the current WIP. Finding it challenging to work on the white of the dress and runner. Long way to go ...

Mhayes

Shadow, great job so far. The one thing I notice is that the bride's gown is a little overblown and by that I mean it is almost a complete white. If you look at the original, you will see the shadows of light blue/gray in the folds and you want that as it givez her gown more definition. Lots of fun working the right side. I looked in the channels and the green channel is the best, but that's not saying much.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Margie. Nice to see you.  :)  You are so right! The gown is overblown ... hurts my eyes. Am posting this WIP and will go back and see about bringing more of the original gown back. Thinking the shadow on the groom's shoe is too big. What does the gang think? What else do your sharp eyes see that needs tweaking or reworking?

Question. Is anyone else having trouble with postimage not completing the upload? Haven't been able to get it to work today and PB is a pill!  Spoiled with how nice and easy postimage was.  :(

kiska

Sometimes using a color layer to paint out the color contamination helps to see the correct shape of something. Don't know if the foot has much shadow...

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

Thank you very much Kiska. That goes in the tip file!

Hannie

Lyn, I had the same problem yesterday with Add Image to Post.  Could not get it to show up in my post.  Seems to have been resolved today.
I like the tips on the shoes and dress, looks really good.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi Lyn... you've cracked it!!!! :up: :up: :up:

Shadow

Hannie, good to know I wasn't the only one experiencing difficulty with post image. Tess spoiled us with the ease of it and using PB yesterday drove the point home!! Glad you liked the tweaks.
And Lynn ... thank you as well. 'preciate all your help.

Mhayes

Shadow, much improved and Kiska thanks for the tip.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Margie. That family's photos have now gone home.