• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Man's best friend

Started by Shadow, June 11, 2017, 04:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Got a fun one. Did a Curves layer and then a B&W adj layer with the Default settings. Should I straighten this image or leave it as is? Wonder if he has a treat in his hand for his little friend?  ::)

Mhayes

Shadow, cute photo and a nice change of pace. I'm not sure about the straightening as most likely that is how the picture was taken. I will let some of the others give their opinion on that.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi Lyn from Cody Wyoming 😀..I think I'd do one of each...one straight one wonky and let QC decide..have a great day..we are running from weather today :)
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

kiska

IF you straighten it, be sure to straighten a copy of original and upload with the restore.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

Thanks all. Couldn't tell for sure about the original. Heaven knows I have plenty of off-kilter shots.  ::)
So glad all of you are generous with your thoughts and opinions! Will put up a WIP soon and Lynn, will probably do what you suggested. Hadn't thought of straightening the original Kiska ... thanks!

Shadow

WIP here. Lots of healing, borrowing/jumping to new layer etc. Anything stick out? Back at it ...  ;)

Candice

That little fox terrier reminds me of my 1st dog when I was a little girl.  We called her Trixi. Lovely work thus far. :)
Candice

Shadow

Thanks Candy. Bet Trixi is smiling  :loveit:
How's this gang? See anything to change or improve or redo?  :P

Candice

A couple of things I noticed:  The hinge from the door on the left was omitted and the dark shadow across the top of the picture was probably from sun hitting the extended porch.
Candice

Mhayes

Maybe darken/burn the man's face, shirt, and top of overalls a bit so he blends in better. Otherwise coming along nice.

Margie 
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thank you Candy and Margie. Appreciate the "good eyes". Better?

Candice

Much better.  Great work!
Candice

Shadow

Many thanks Candy!  :wnw:

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Lynn. Are you warm and dry up north?