• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

My first difficult image

Started by levb, April 06, 2017, 03:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

levb

At least I think it counts as difficult...

What should I do to make the face and arms more realistic?

Hannie

Hi Lev,

Your repairs look great, the table is visible once again.
Definitely difficult restore, lots of detail gone from the boy's face and arms.

Perhaps you can use the original face instead of what you have now and add some skin color and add a slight burn?
It won't look like new but better than the original was, no?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Lev, Tough one for sure. You've come a long way. Second Hannie's tip. Good luck. Look forward to your WIP.

Lynnya

Hi Lev.. brave one are you :cool:  I second Hannie's suggestion.. I think the muted tones of the original look pretty good actually... I would go with that and use Hannie's fix..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Katreester

Just a thought...if you haven't finished yet...Sometimes I will put a copy of the original on a layer above the one I'm working on and change the transparency. On this example it is 60%. Sometimes it helps.

JulieNicoleD

Katreester, that is a great idea! I think that definitely helps to make it look more natural.

jesterjeni

this probably already went home, but I got some new software and wanted to try any how
this was my result-

jbourland

This is something I do when dealing with body parts that are almost no existent. Keep a folder of stock images of people. As problems come up, search for images that have a body part or texture you can use. Some retouching I have done in the past was completed by using bits and pieces  from a over a dozen different images. If you can find real images to use, the end results will be less painterly. Of course not every restoration can be a successful Frankenstein. I thought you did good with what you had, the image was so faded that there was not a lot of information to go on.

Mhayes

I agree a difficult one and I like Hannie's the best.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]