• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Tess (Tassie D)

While you are all in the deep freeze, we are in the oven! The hottest in the country was recorded at 121F and we will be getting at least 107F on Thursday. Even the roads are melting!

https://bit.ly/2sGPX81
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Phil. there are no icebergs here but winter has come here too! (lobelias

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Wow Tess! Sure hope you are able to stay cool inside. How are all your gorgeous flowers managing?
Love your pic Hannie.

Lynnya

Great pic Hannie... Not to be left out.. we had a mild frost here last night.. :cool:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Tess (Tassie D)

All my dark coloured roses are fried but the light coloured ones are in full bloom Shadow.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hannie, how beautiful, but poor flowers. Here it is freezing rain followed by light dusting of snow. And not to forget the 30 to 40 mph winds. This year winter is the pits!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

Wow such a contrast.  OPR spans the globe. 

phil

Shadow

We traveled under the coolest sky this weekend. Not sure I've ever seen clouds like this before.

Lynnya

Lovely .... don't ya love the sky.. :loveit:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

Lovely skies. As a kid, we called those herringbone skies; in searching that, I found a blog about skies and weather and the term Mackerel skies was used (which also sounds vaguely familiar)

https://www.naturalnavigator.com/news/2017/01/mackerel-sky/

Jo Ann

Shadow

Do love the sky Lynn. Amazing what a beautiful canvas it is. Thanks for the link Jo Ann. Learning something new makes for a good day  :)

Mhayes

Great shots Shadow. Now for some photos of all of freezing with the Polar Vortex coming through.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

Ok Margie.  Temp right now is -21F.  Here are two photos I took about sunrise.  The warm moist air coming off the lake condenses to form fog. 

phil

Shadow

Thanks Margie and Oh my Phil!!  :wow: