• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Lynn, love the first picture with the pelicans. Are they throwing fish for them? Really unique picture.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie and all... The fishermen come in with their boats and clean and cut up the fish at dock side... as soon as a boat starts coming in the pelicans all rush in for fish parts that aren't used .. Great white Egret and Great Blue Heron as well... local inhabitants  :)
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Lynnya

I know I just posted but just had to share this.. we meet this dog every day on our walks.. I was a bit anxious around him at first but he's turned out to be such a beautiful spirit.. his name is Bastion..

Shadow

Love the eyes Lynn! Thanks for sharing.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Beautiful dog.

Our Molly got a grass seed stuck to her eardrum so a trip to the vet for a snooze while they extracted it. She's finally not shaking her head until she's dizzy now.

Yesterday we discovered wild bees had managed to get in through small vent holes and set up shop in our wall! Trouble is you can no longer buy the cladding on the outside of the house, or get it off in one piece and there are too many bees to remove from inside.
So the pest controller is coming on Monday. :(
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Glad Miss Molly is free of that irritation now Tess. Sorry to hear about the bees.

Lynnya

OOOO don't ya hate when you get a grass seed in ya ear... :mad: Poor Molly.. glad she's free of it... :)

Hannie

Remember that every condition you see in a dog must be assumed to be caused by a grass seed until proven otherwise!   ;D
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Family have flown away back to Seattle but we all went to the wildlife park here in Homosassa.. this sweet scene almost made me cry... the night Heron was sitting on her nest and the male was a fair distance away from her... suddenly he carefully started to inch towards her and seemed to say "it's time babe to turn the eggs"... he moved carefully away and she proceeded to stand and move her eggs.. I was so privileged to see that..  :'(

Hannie

That is a great picture Lynn and story Lynn.  I only get to see these at our zoo.  Night heron here is "kwak"... such a funny name, even in Dutch.  :)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Wonderful Lynn!! What a nice way to start a day. Thanks for sharing.  :)

jesterjeni

our area is in a state of emergency, not wise to travel due to flooding.

Shadow

Mhayes

Love the pictures and the stories behind them. Just don't decide to be a nature photographer instead of photo restorer.  ::)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]