• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

It is beautiful Phil. Do you get the lake effect there?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

philbach

Hi Tess.  At times we get the lake effect but we are on the west side of the lake so when a strong, cold NW blows it picks up moisture from the warm lake and then when it hits land it forms snow for the folks over on the other side, Michigan.  With an east wind we would get the lake effect as well, but its not as common. 
phil

Hannie

Phil I'm glad to see you have recovered from your carpal tunnel complaints.   ;)
Sounds like everyone is freezing over there, in Canada too, worst winter since long time. 
I even saw snow fall in Florida.... (Glenna?)

Temps are not bad here but we've had some fierce storms and for the first time all of the storm surge barriers are closed now.
Will we stay dry... :-\

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2014/04/the-netherlands-impressive-storm-surge.html
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Fascinating article Hannie. Fingers crossed they keep doing their job.  ;)

Lynnya

Hey guys... been playing with my new camera.. still need to learn a lot but a couple of my local inhabitants... :)

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Candice

Candice

Hannie

Great photos Lynn!
3 different herons, all look different from the herons over here.

The bottom photo is beautiful with the reflections and shape of the clouds.  What is your new camera?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

thanks guys.. Hannie the first bird is a Sandhill Crane.. they stand about 4ft high and are so beautiful.. much loved in the area.. the second one is a great white egret and the last are Rare Florida Wood Storks.. they stand about 2.5 feet tall..

My new camera is an early birthday gift from dear son.. something I would never have thought I would have.. a Canon 5D sr with an L 24-105 lens  :hug: (50.6 mp!!!!!)  Now I have to learn how to drive it...and how to download images without blowing up my puter..... :-\

Hannie

Now I understand why they look different, not herons after all...  8)
51 million pixels, wow!  Your son bought you a very fancy camera.
Should be so much fun to work with it, enjoy yourself!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Beautiful pictures. An immature whooping crane also looks like a Sandhill crane and during the hunting season that's not a good thing. During migration through Kansas, they try to keep a watchful eye. Why anyone would want to kill or eat a Sandhill crane is beyond me. Lynn I am so envious of your gift, no, happy for you.

Sorry to be absent from the forum lately, but I get home late and then leave early for work in the morning. In between, I just crash.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Went down to "The Shed" for a beer last evening and took my camera with me... couple from the waterfront...don't ya just love pelicans...

Shadow

Pros got absolutely nothing on you girl! Wonderful pics!!!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]