• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on July 07, 2017, 07:21:00 AM
The lilies are gorgeous Candy. Is a daylily like morning glory, only blooms 1 day? (here we call morning glory "dayflower")

I remember the first time I landed in Phoenix, it was (then) a record 122 degrees.  It was quite a surprise leaving the ac airport hall...  I agree that dessert heat is so much easier to take, I actually kind of like it.

The geese are hilarious!  Reminds me of a swan family in Amersfoort, police has to help them cross a busy traffic crossing from time to time. 

https://youtu.be/FvpCV284s-Y

Hannie

It depends on the variety of daylily, Hannie.  The Stella's flower (yellow ones) bloom and then stay for almost a week. In spring the entire plant is covered with beautiful blossoms.  The Lil Red wagon will bloom and stay two days at most.  I try to get my pictures before it leaves.  Where the Stella is more prolific in spring, the Lil Red Wagon comes on stronger in the heat of summer.  We're around 97 - 100 degrees right now, on some days.   :loveit:
Candice

Shadow

Candice

:up:  Where is she when I need her!?
Candice

Shadow

Ain't it the truth Candy. We could use 2 of her for Mom's rose beds!
Thanks for the info on the lilies Candy. You have a very cool place! Pretty flowers and neat friends.

Shadow

Happy Monday (and Tuesday to Tess). We are back home. Welcomed a new "great" to the family. She has been in the NICU for the last week so they are eager to get her home. A bit of rest and we will be back at it.  ;)

Lynnya

Hey shadow welcome home girl ..you were missed...good morning from kanab Utah..on the road heading for Colorado..have a lovely day everyone
Huge congrats on the new baby Lyn xxx
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Welcome back Shadow and congratulations on your new granddaughter, glad to hear she is out of NICU and going home to her parents!

:)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Lynn. Look forward to your next pic so we can travel along with you!
Tthanks Hannie. This newest one is my great niece. Our family is up to 15 "greats" and 10 "grands". Family gatherings are a hoot.

Shadow

After a recent thunderstorm, this guy found a log out in the lake to rest on.

Shadow

Oh Hannie ... you made my day!
And to Hannie, Tess, whoever removed my "oops" ...  :wnw:

Lynnya

Nice Heron Lyn  :up: We are looking forward to being back in amongst our "birds" in Florida.. this was our view from the stern of our son's boat  :P... I know I know... someone has to do it.. now back to reality  :(

Shadow

Thanks. Wow Lynn!!! Reality will be harsh after that. Wonderful.

Lynnya

Well ya know Shadow? Living in Florida with Herons and Pelicans and lots of wildlife and nature ain't half bad.. the city is very exciting and very challenging to us oldies.. I'll leave it to the young'uns methinks.. :crazy:

Lynnya

Still on the road.. back in Mississippi on the great river.. it's hot hot.. Looking forward to being off the road and back in our house and BED... but what a wonderful adventure..
This is Mary and Big Blue resting in The Great Basin Desert in Nevada..amazing place.. silent and empty..

Hannie

What a beautiful view Lynn!  I can  understand that after being on the road this long that your own nice bed is calling out for you to sleep in.   :)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]