• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

We spotted a newbie at the pond. This little guy is funny to watch. Made our morning watching him walking along the stone wall "fishing."

Lynnya

Nice catch Lyn... Little Green Heron?? we think?? Cute guy..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Candice

Hannie

Beautiful Shadow!  We don't have these here.  I did see one in South Africa, kind of a brownish red color with green wings.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Finally my Lil Red Wagon daylilies have bloomed. Along with my Stella daylilies.

Candice

Candice

And a couple friends dropped by. 

Candice

Shadow

Candy, your lilies are beautiful and we love your "friends"!!

Lynnya

Doves made me smile Candy... and your lillies are lovely..

We are trying to find a cool place for lunch today.. s'gonna be 100 degrees.. Desert heat tho so not like Florida..

Shadow

Dry heat is better than humid Lynn but geez ... 100!
These birds made our day. We saw them strolling down the path like they were headed somewhere important.  They marched in front of the cars to get to the other side of the street. Then they crossed there and then reversed course back to the side where they began. Everyone seemed to be as pleased as us to stop and watch thier march.

Lynnya

Oh that's funny Lyn...we have loads of Quail here at the RV park.. they are so lovely.. mom and dad run around with dozens and I mean dozens of little baby quail running after them.. also lots of bunnies here too and they don't even move when you walk by..I'll have to get a picture if I can..

Candice

Honk!!  Honk!!  Geese go where they want. It's not unusual to see them making a nest in the oddest places.
Candice

Hannie

The lilies are gorgeous Candy. Is a daylily like morning glory, only blooms 1 day? (here we call morning glory "dayflower")

I remember the first time I landed in Phoenix, it was (then) a record 122 degrees.  It was quite a surprise leaving the ac airport hall...  I agree that dessert heat is so much easier to take, I actually kind of like it.

The geese are hilarious!  Reminds me of a swan family in Amersfoort, police has to help them cross a busy traffic crossing from time to time. 

https://youtu.be/FvpCV284s-Y

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hannie thank you for the video link. Too sweet!!!

Lynnya

Oh Hannie I just saw the swan video.. how lovely and how dignified they were..thanks for posting  :hug:

Shadow

The waterfall reflects how much rain the recent storms dumped on the area. The sound was great!