• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Thanks Tori. One day I'm going to rent a big ole' lens and a full frame camera and see if I can get some really nice shots. Nothing better than sitting out there with a big cup of coffee and watching all the different birds and critters.

Candice

Shadow..... Wonderful pics!! 

I'll share our friends.  This fine couple has come in for the past week.

Candice

Tori803

I will have to get around to dealing with this:

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Candice

Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

Lovely pics everyone. Tori, you can send some of that cold down here. Friday and Saturday were 104 in the shade with high 70's overnight.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Shadow, your sister is so lucky to have so many different beautiful birds near, love your shots!

Make sure not to walk to close to your house Tori....  ;)

Candy's fine couple reminds me of the swan couple busy looking for a suitable nesting spot here.  I want to tell them it is warm now but winter can still return.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Would love to send some cooler air your way Tess! It's -17 F here this morning.
Tori

Candice

Hannie, we know about winter returning here in Oklahoma.  Strange as it is, we have a light snow falling right now.  Spring is taking her time this season!
Candice

Mhayes

Nothing to match Tori's icicles or low temps, but as you get older 2 to 3 in is too much. Okay, seriously I can take that, but with winds of over 30 mph; I have drifts in some spots of around 2-3 ft. I ignore them except for the one in front of a north facing garage. Got through shoveling and only enough to get the car out and luckily the drift went for only a short distance. The cold here will be around 8 to 0. My house is total electric which is great is the summer, but a heat pump in the winter is a way to finance the electric company and the stockholders. So about 3 years ago I bought a Vermont stove that is a catalytic wood burning stove which is very efficient. However, it doesn't stock itself and this weekend the boyfriend brought in plenty of firewood. Winter is losing its charm and so is bringing in firewood. Thought you might like to see the collection. The blue container is 38" long and the wood up to about 28".

Shadow, renting a lens is the way to go. I like the Lens Depot, and have used them for weddings and even an OPR copy run.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Margie, we must keep the kitties happy!
Tori

Shadow

Sure like your fine couple Candy. And wow Tori ... too cold for us!
She sure does Hannie. Visiting her is always an adventure. They have birds and all sorts of critters out there. Last spring a huge pig showed up near their home. Fortunately they have a wonderful game warden that helps with surprises like that. Any pics of your swan couple yet?
Tess, sure hope that awful heat wave breaks soon. Have been following it online. Beastly! Hope you are able to stay cool indoors.
You said it Margie ... "winter is losing it's charm!" Enjoyed the pics and thanks for the heads up on the Lens Depot. Will check them out before my next trip.

Lynnya

Has anyone seen Jo Ann around the cooler?? she's gone awal? I sure do miss her input..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I have been AWOL for a little while, but I'm largely back, at least for a few weeks. And how nice of you to miss me!

We got a record-setting (for here) two feet of snow in three storms earlier in February. Nothing is set up for snow clearance in the Seattle area, plus it took down more trees in our yard (we'd lost a couple to windstorms in January - been a tough year for the garden). After we dug out our (long) driveway and cut tree branches so we could get out, I was away visiting family. Then there were visitors, some other family related distractions and before you know it most of February was gonzo :)

We *still* have some ugly lumps of what used to be snow hanging around and it's sleeting right now!!

This is the driveway after snowstorm #2

This is my daughter after she and I finished digging out the (long) driveway so we could leave after snowstorm #3

To mis-quote John Lennon:  life is what happens while you're busy making plans... :)

Jo Ann

G3User

No snow here, we are 1000km north of my computer on the Sunshine Coast for a family  holiday. The weather has certainy changed, north of us is recovering from a cyclone with flooding. Sydney suffered a dust storm with the western part of the state jin a 5 year drought and uncontrolled large bushfires further south. Farmers are certainly doing it tough.
However, Maisy and my daughter  made the most of yhe beach yesterday
Cheers
Atholl

Mhayes

Wow, Jo Ann I feel like a sissy for complaining about our snow. Glad you are back. Hope it didn't bring down any trees. Cute picture of your daughter, at least she is smiling. And then there is Athol's beautiful picture the opposite of what we have here, but Australia is suffering from weather at the opposite end. Makes one dread what's in store to come.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]