• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

1st image with OPR - Thoughts?

Started by Mike S, March 23, 2017, 01:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S

The top of the image was more faded than I had initially thought on viewing in the gallery.

I have a few questions (1) is the guy on the left wearing a patterned striped jacket - or do you think that is damage.  I am not sure.  (2) I had trouble with the colour correction - this appeared the best correction.  Thoughts?

I also dropped my Wacom pen in a pint of juice!!! not on my best day.

Thanks guys.

Shadow

Hi Mike. Looking good. I too thought the guy on the left's jacket was a pattern. On my monitor, the guy on the left's cuffs are a bit bright and the blacks could maybe be a bit lighter. Wonderful restore.  :up:

Mike S

Thank you Shadow. 
Due to recent events in London, I do not have access to my normal machine!  So sadly a laptop is all I have - but once I am back to my normal access I will definately make those adjustments. 

Thank you!!

Shadow

You're welcome Mike. Sure sorry the events in London have impacted you.

Candice

I second that sentiment, Shadow. 
Candice

Mike S

Thank you guys, fortunately none of my immediate were impacted directly.  Life goes on!

Shadow

Thanks for the update Mike. Very glad those precious to you are safe.

Hannie

Hi Mike,

So sorry to hear what happened in London, glad to hear you and yours are safe.

Did your Wacom pen survive the orange juice bath?  I have been having some issues with the use of my Wacom tablet.  I had to drastically cut down on the hours that I use it because of arm problems.  I made some adjustments to the surface of the tablet and I use one of those gloves now that cover the pink an ring finger of my drawing hand.

Your restore looks really good, very nice repairs!
The faded top part of your photo you could darken some with Curves and a Gradient mask. Then you can even do the opposite with the bottom part and lighten it so more detail comes back.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]