• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New member, nervously awaiting my first image!

Started by Mike S, March 20, 2017, 11:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S

Hi all,

Another new member, hoping to make a difference.  Thank you for this opportunity.  I look forward to getting stuck in! 

It is great to have a forum, so I can call upon all the support and the diverse skills offered by this community in times of need - of which I am sure there will be many.

Little about me:  Adobe Photoshop trained (beginner/intermediate/advanced) and an ACA.  Trained in forensic use of Photoshop.  Experience includes repair, manipulation, and facial reconstruction of unidentified persons, to support identification of deceased and family closure.

I am keen to work on anything and everything OPR has to offer.  Excited to learn, develop, and more importantly than anything else contribute to those who need my help!

Thanks, Mike

Shadow

Hi Mike and a hearty welcome! Sounds like you have loads of talent and experience. Great group of folks here. Bet we can learn plenty from you. Good luck with your first restore. Look forward to seeing you around.  :)

Pat

Hi Mike and a big welcome from Michigan.  It's always fun to meet and learn a bit about new members.

We have many volunteers who enjoy sharing friendly advice so don't be shy if you run into a difficult restore.  As Shadow indicated you seem to have loads of talent and experience so I'm sure it won't be long before find yourself sharing a few tips, tricks, and techniques of your own.

All the best,
Pat 

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Lynnya

Hi Mike and Welcome from sunny Florida.. glad to have you aboard and looking forward to seeing your work and maybe learning some new tricks!
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Hi Mike, a warm welcome from Amsterdam.
You sound like you will right in here.  for some of our projects your forensic skills will be of great help!

:)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mike S

Thank you all, very excited to be here. 

Have been refreshing my inbox in the hope of a distributor email with the first image!

Mhayes

Hi Mike,

A warm welcome from Kansas. Don't be nervous as this is a fun group. Plus, we are apt to pick up some helpful tips from you. Hope to see you again on the Forum.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Mike. Thought I would mention, not all the distributors live in the US so time zones make a difference when you are waiting on a pic. (Tess is in Australia and Jonas is in Germany) Don't get discouraged ... your fun will be in your inbox before you know it!

Candice

Candice

Mike S

Quote from: Shadow on March 20, 2017, 09:48:36 PM
Hi Mike. Thought I would mention, not all the distributors live in the US so time zones make a difference when you are waiting on a pic. (Tess is in Australia and Jonas is in Germany) Don't get discouraged ... your fun will be in your inbox before you know it!

Thank you Shadow.  Good to know.

Jonas.Wendorf

Hi Mike,

welcome to OPR and have fun with your first image :)!
Best regards,
Jonas

Mike S

Thank you Jonas... the work is already underway.  :up2:

JackR

Welcome Mike...great group of people here...enjoy your time here...cheers
The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack